ประเภท / Type : อื่นๆ / Other
Closing Date: 6 January 2017
Directorate: Global Operations
Duration: 6 months (negotiable)
The Youth Activism Volunteer will be part of Amnesty International’s Regional Office (South-East Asia and the Pacific Regional Office - SEAPRO) based in Bangkok, Thailand. The core role is to provide assistance on day-to-day coordination on the planning and implementation of workplans and strategies to enhance youth activism across Asia and the Pacific. Youth are the key targets of our activism work, and as part of 2017 priority, the successful volunteer will be involved in assisting on the implementation of human rights campaigns and supporting the coordination and collaboration between countries and regionally (internally and externally). While working closely with the Regional Activism and Youth Coordinator and other colleagues in Asia-Pacific Regional Offices, he or she will work with different teams on projects on youth activism, encouraging active participation and enhancing engagement of young people across their diversity into our campaigning and broader human rights work.
The successful volunteer’s task list will include:
1) Coordination: Coordinate with staff, youth leaders/activists and partners in campaigning work and capacity building support including on the implementation of national youth/activism strategy.
2) Research: Information relating to activism, campaigning and youth engagement in selected Asia-Pacific countries. In particular, youth activism trends in the region and developments of human rights on refugees and migrants’ rights, LGBTI and young people defending their human rights and those of others.
3) Communications management: Assist in establishing a strong regional network to strengthen youth activism aligned with campaign priorities. This may include managing communications among youth activists/supporters in countries without an Amnesty International office present. You may also be asked to manage content and encourage meaningful and active participation of youth activists.
4) Knowledge management: Assist in maintaining communication and connection between the various regional and country offices on updating information—which may include youth organising, public engagements in their countries, monitoring work, campaign workplan and best practices—to ensure effective exchange and referral of available information between country offices.
5) Participate in, and where possible contribute to, team meetings, planning meetings and training sessions;
6) Assist with logistics and administrative tasks related to the work, including: organising meetings/meetings/conferences, updating databases, communicating with internal queries.
We will be looking for the successful volunteer to have the following skills and experience:
1) Experience with working on youth-serving or youth-led projects;
2) Awareness and understanding of issues impacting young people (e.g. civil and political rights, youth participation in political spaces and decision-making, discrimination, marginalisation, etc.) as well as social change initiatives and emerging trends in youth activism;
3) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
4) Ability to work independently and proactively;
5) Ability to organize and prioritize different tasks and meet deadlines;
6) Fluent written and spoken English;
7) IT literate and familiar with computer software packages, e.g. Microsoft Suites;
8) Willingness to regularly undertake administrative office work;
9) Background through study, work or other experience in a relevant area, such as law, international development, international relations, political science, social sciences, and education sciences.
Other desirable skills and experience:
1) Strong interest in campaigning organizations and Amnesty International’s work;
2) Project management or campaigning skills, preferably on youth-related issue;
3) Working knowledge of a South-East Asian language;
4) Good attention to detail and proofreading capabilities;
5) Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work flexibly across projects.
Voluntary work in one of the world’s leading human rights organizations can provide valuable experience and professional development. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International. Volunteers with Amnesty International are however able to apply for internal opportunities according to clause 5.3.
Voluntary work is unpaid. Volunteers are responsible for arranging their own visa/work permit and related living costs in Bangkok. Volunteers will receive reasonable reimbursement of incurred expenses (e.g. food and travel costs) while volunteering with Amnesty International.
The work is supervised but the volunteer is expected to be able to work independently, use their initiative and manage their own workload as agreed with his or her Supervisor. Willingness to undertake routine administrative work is crucial. Projects may be devised by the team in collaboration with the Volunteer which will aim to assist the team in fulfilling its strategic objectives, whilst making the best use of the Volunteer’s own skills, interests and experience.
Amnesty International is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfil their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
To apply please visit: https://careers.amnesty.org/vacancy/youth-activism-volunteer-1772/1798/description/
ทักษะที่ต้องการ / Skills : Coordination, Research and Management
ช่วงเวลา / Duration : 16 / 01 / 2017 to 30 / 06 / 2017
จำนวนอาสาสมัคร / Quota : 1 คน / people
เงื่อนไขพิเศษ / Extra : ค่าเบี้ยเลี้ยง / Allowance
date : 19 Dec 2016
: มูลนิธิกองทุนไทย 2044/23 ถนนเพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ เขตห้วยขวาง กทม. 10310
: 02-3144112-3, 02-3183959
นายอัฎธิชัย ศิริเทศ : บรรณาธิการ
เบอร์ติดต่อ : 082-178-3849
นายทศพร แกล้วการไร่ : เจ้าหน้าที่เทคนิค
เบอร์ติดต่อ : 080-078-4016