Organization : Chemonics
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 10 Aug 2018
View : 458
Deadline : 27 / August / 2018
Chemonics seeks a Supply Chain Management Advisor (Malaria) for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain: Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program in Thailand and Laos. This activity is supported by the United States’ President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). Through this support, PMI and its partners will implement malaria control interventions in Thailand and Laos primarily through the management and distribution of vital commodities to vulnerable populations.
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Management Advisor (Malaria)
The Supply Chain Management Advisor (Malaria) will be responsible for working with the Ministry of Public Health (Thailand), Ministry of Health (Laos), PMI’s implementing partners and other malaria stakeholders to develop national forecasting and quantification, and identification of malaria commodities gaps for both countries. The Supply Chain Management Advisor will serve as a focal point of and clearing house for malaria commodity information and act as a resource for National Malaria Control Programs (NMCP) and PMI’s implementing partners.
The Advisor will provide technical assistance throughout the tender process, including post-contract activities. The Advisor will report to the GHSC-PSM Managing Director assigned to Thailand and Laos. This position is based in Bangkok with frequent travel throughout Thailand and Laos. The anticipated tenure of this position is at least one year.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As Supply Chain Management Advisor, the selected candidate would be responsible for the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support supply chain management technical activities related to malaria;
- Provide technical leadership and support on national quantification and forecasting of malaria commodities;
- Work with Ministry of Public Health, including Food and Drug Administration and other implementing partners to agree on assumptions and provide technical leadership on forecasting and supply plan development activities for malaria health commodities to ensure availability and inclusion of malaria medicines on the essential drug list;
- Provide technical training and assistance on malaria supply chain management to local counterparts, identifying areas for improvement and capacity building;
- Monitor malaria commodities procurements and follow up with in-country partners regarding any issues with ongoing PMI procurements including liaising with local government stakeholders and other donor agencies;
- Serve as a main point of contact to provide up-to-date quantification data and forecasting numbers as the information can change rapidly;
- Work closely with PSM Thailand and Laos management on managing relationships and maintaining routine communications with Thailand and Laos Ministry of Health (MOH), the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative, Global Fund, and other program stakeholders;
- Identify and coordinate capacity building activities on commodity quantification, forecasting, and supply planning;
- Working with implementing partners, donor agencies, and development partners to identify commodities gaps and strengthen/address the bottlenecks of supply chain management issues;
- Maintain regular communication channels with USAID/PMI on the status of procurements and other supply chain management issues.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in relevant discipline preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of supply chain management experience and international project management required, including strong skills in procurement, compliance, and supply chain management.
- Some knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements and experience managing USAID-funded health programs preferred.
- Knowledge of quantification, forecasting, and supply planning required.
- Strong leadership and motivational ability.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills. Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Good data management skills and experience using inventory tracking systems and information systems.
- Excellent written and spoken Thai and English language skills required; written and spoken Lao language skills preferred
- Experience in GMS countries an asset
Contact : PSMThailandRecruit@chemonics.com