Organization : U.S. Agency for International Development/Regional Development Mission for Asia (USAID/RDMA)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 10 Jul 2018
View : 631
Deadline : 30 / July / 2018
SALARY: FSN-6 ฿388,458 per annum (Starting salary)
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is seeking an individual for the position of a Secretary in the U.S. Agency for International Development/Regional Development Mission for Asia (USAID/RDMA), located at Athenee Tower, Wireless Road, Bangkok.
The incumbent provides the full range of administrative and secretarial support to the Office of Public Health (OPH) team members in direct support of activity management. Tasks include: arranging travel, meetings, and transportation; maintaining team calendar; filing; ordering and maintaining office supplies; reporting time and attendance; and registering for on-line conference; collecting and distributing office mail; tracking internal documents for mission clearance. S/he works collaboratively with other support offices within and outside RDMA, including other USAID missions and Embassies to accomplish these tasks. The position is an entry-level administrative and secretarial position. The position is supervised by the OPH Deputy Director.
Administrative Support: (80%)
- Travel arrangement: provides logistical arrangements for official travel and transportation for OPH team members. Tasks include: preparing travel requests; booking and confirming airline ticket or other mode of transportation, and lodging accommodation; securing visa; ensuring approval of electronic country clearance cable (eCC), course, conference, and on-line registration, and that travel authorization is obtained prior to traveling; preparing travel package with relevant documentation for traveler; requesting travel advance or Mission Debit Card (DBC) as needed; registering traveler on-line and reporting conference attendance to meet Agency requirements.
- Assists traveler with voucher reimbursement preparation and submission. Arranges transportation for official in-country meetings that may or may not require travel authorization. This includes reserving office or rental vehicle for members by coordinating with the Executive Office (EXO).
- Ensures that any travel cancellation is done well in advance and if any modification is needed in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Attends travel arrangement training and keeps up-to-date information, through formal and informal means.
- Alerts OPH team of any important information and change in business processes related to travel needs (e.g., new requirements for visas, E2 process, and important travel tasker deadlines).
- Maintains up-to-date OPH travel and event calendars both electronically and on the white board.
- Assists with sorting and gathering official trips made for the Portfolio Review presentation that includes information such as traveler name by technical team functions, location, duration, budget and type of visit.
- Prepares SF-1034 document for payment and/or reimbursement for items such as insurance, storage fee, educational allowance, cost of living allowance.
Secretarial Functions: (20%)
- Receives telephone calls and screens visitors determining which team member to communicate with.
- Arranges conference call-in line and provides call-in information to callers.
- Logs in document in the RDMA tracker that tracks internal clearance and follows up on the status of its approval. Makes appropriate change on signee per the most up-to-date delegation of authority for clearing process.
- Assists with organizing in-house meetings by booking meeting room and greets incoming visitors.
- Responds to incoming invitations and requests for OPH member attendance at official functions, such as meetings, seminars, and receptions.
- Assists with mass reproduction of meeting materials, and promotion package for events such as the World AIDS Day, World TB Day, World Malaria Day, World Nutrition Day, etc.
- Prepares time and attendance sheets for FSNs and attaches approved leave request as relevant.
- Collects and distributes office mail to team members.
- Maintains sufficient office supplies by constantly checking for depleted stock and timely placing new orders with EXO.
- Files hard copy and electronic records of official documentation to meet Agency official filing standard.
- Submits implementing partners’ voucher for reimbursement through ASSIST on-line system and ensuring that all relevant supporting documents are uploaded.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
All applications must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in DS-174 block no.19-22. If the application submitted fails to demonstrate eligibility, the application will be marked unqualified. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all pertinent information.
- Education: Secondary schooling is required.
- Experience (20 points): A minimum of one year experience working in the field of secretarial and/or administrative support is required.
- Language: Level IV speaking/reading and writing English and Thai are required.
- Knowledge (30 points): Good knowledge of administrative office operations, travel arrangement, and records management systems. An understanding of administrative functions such as filing, record keeping and time management is required.
- Skills and Abilities (50 points):
- Demonstrate professionalism in work ethics; able to perform a broad range of administrative functions with high quality, while applying critical thinking skills to solve problems that may arise.
- Exhibit good communication skills; clear and effective use of language (i.e., in speaking and writing) appropriate to the context of the situation.
- The ability to collaborate with others as a team, placing the team agenda before a personal one, truly valuing others’ inputs, and willing to take shared responsibility in shortcomings.
- The ability to multi-task, identifying priorities and readjusting them as needed; and allocating proper amount of time and resources for each task.
- Possess knowledge and skills of using computers and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail. Able to learn and use Agency specific software related to work area efficiency.
- Excellent customer services skills.
Applications will be initially screened and scored for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications and points mentioned above. To be considered for candidacy, applicants must address each criterion in their application as to how they meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Top-ranked candidates who meet the minimum qualification will be given a recruitment test. Applicants with passing marks from the recruitment test and with a valid TOEIC score of 855 or above will be invited for an interview. The recruitment test and the interview will be structured around the selection criteria above and will be conducted in USAID/RDMA Bangkok, Thailand. Only shortlisted candidates for final interview will be notified of the selection result. Reference checks will be conducted once the applicant pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s). Internal candidates must have successfully completed a one year probationary period of employment before being eligible to apply. USAID/RDMA will screen for nepotism/conflict of interest in determining successful candidacy.
Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/usaid-job-vacancies/ carefully and submit complete application package thru RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov before the deadline.
Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE POSITION: July 30, 2018
Contact : RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov