Organization : UNHCR
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Jul 2018
View : 661
Deadline : 22 / July / 2018
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 31/2018
Durable Solutions Associate
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
09 July 2018
Durable Solutions Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
22 July 2018
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- Interview, assess resettlement needs and process refugees identified for resettlement, following established criteria and procedures; undertake field missions when required.
- Comply with UNHCR’s procedural standards on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on status of cases from submission to departure; ensure effective communication on the status and follow-up on refugees considered for resettlement; ensure that records on individual cases are kept up-to-date.
- Communicate with resettlement counterparts, NGOs, IOM, and the Royal Thai Government regarding individual cases to facilitate resettlement processing.
- Manage, maintain and update proGres and individual files.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Respond to inquiries from refugees and external partners relating to resettlement eligibility, volutnary return and individual case status, both orally and in writing.
- Provide counselling to refugees under resettlement consideration on processing requirements and individual case status update.
- Interview and counsel persons of concern (POC) who are interested in return to their country of origin/habitual residence, ensuring that they make an informed decision and that they are returning in safety and dignity.
- Draft referal forms for IOM's Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programme, including details of the POC's flight from their country of origin and reasons for their voluntary return.
- Work closely with IOM to facilitate and follow-up on referrals for POCs who are being repatriated under IOM's AVRR
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in International Law, International Relations or related fields required. University degree in a related field would be an advantage.
- Minimum five years of job experience relevant to the functions.
- Fluency in spoken and written English with knowledge of another UN language would be an advantage.
- Proven drafting skills.
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of UNHCR Resettlement policies and operational applications desirable.
- Knowledge of computer and use of various computer software packages (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access).
- Ability to work in a culturally diversified team.
- Ability to work under time constraints and to handle stress.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm
Contact : THABAHR@unhcr.org