Organization : Hospitality and Catering Training Center
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Jul 2018
View : 2055
Deadline : 9 / October / 2018
The Hospitality & Catering Training Centre (HCTC) is a partnership between : IECD (European Institute of Cooperation And Development) and TBCAF (Tak Border Children Assistance Foundation). HCTC is a non-profit organization dedicated to underprivileged children and their employment through training in hospitality professions.
The Educator is responsible for the pedagogical organization of the day to day life at the HCTC. She/he acts as an intermediate between the students and the teaching staff, by communicating directly and closely with both parties. She/he ensures the program is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively. She/he organises the day to day Training Centre / dormitory life, as well as out-of-school activities. She/he reports to the Director of the Training Centre, the candidate will interact with the 60 students,7 other team members, local partners and customers of the vocational restaurant.
MAIN DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
TEACHING & TUTORING:
- Elaboration of all the personal development and general education framework
- Assist the school director in the implementation of HCTC training and academic affairs particularly:
- coordination, management and instruction of General Education (Lifeskills), English, as well as Tutoring activities. She/he will assist the school director in the routinely control and evaluation of key performance indicators.
- tutor students for supporting their success in general studies (Kosono, Technical college of Mae Sot)
- Teach lifeskills subjects such as Self-Care, Identity & Culture, Communication skills, Professional integration. Coordinate with local partners and organise activities
- Elaboration of teaching plans, student's evaluation & attendance, weekly, monthly and semester reports, ...
STUDENT AFFAIRS & ALUMNI’S:
- Participate in all operations related to the well being of the center and the academic as well as personal success of the students:
- Proceed to the recruitment of the students including a thorough evaluation of the families’ incomes.
- Manages students concerns (sensitization, recruitments, internships, follow-up during and after studies, job integration, alumni…)
- Implement the personal development activities for students including Lifeskills and
- Manages the dormitory: guides and train’s the dormitory manager on the whole organization of the students.
- Create and Maintain Students Database and coordinate the individual monthly one on one meetings with all students
- Act as a social worker and accompany and support students in all their personal issues and life aspects
INSTITUTIONAL - EXTERNAL – COMMUNICATION
- Dynamize and maintain institutional relationship at the local and national level: Ministry of Labor, OVEC, consulates, embassies, local companies…)
- Participating and coordinating the sensitization actions in the Karen villages
- Develop relationship with the families
- Developing the links with communities in Mae Sot and outside
- Assist the school director in directing and coordinating school awareness activities with instructors and students at HCTC and with outside partners
- Participate in the representation of HCTC in the local community, conferences, meetings, schools, professional establishments
- Report writing to the Director, Database follow up…
LIFE & WORK :
- Great ambiance in the school with dedicated and motivated students. Great facilities of international level.
- You will have the satisfaction of helping others and giving chances to underprivileged youth to develop and find a job.
- Mae Sot is at the border of Myanmar with and international airport, nearby are mountains, waterfalls and many outdoor activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Education / Psychology / Social welfare related field.
- At least two year working experience as a teacher or proven experience as pedagogical / social worker.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Thai. Karen is a plus.
- Computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Pack).
- Ability to demonstrate fair and consistent behavior towards students.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with other schools and partners.
- Flexible: ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously.
- Familiar with multi-cultural working environment
- Salary according to experience. Meals while on duty.
- Coaching and training on a punctual & regular basis by experts and experienced professionals (national & internationals).
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org