Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 6 Jul 2018
View : 532
Deadline : 22 / July / 2018
TITLE: Finance Analyst
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance Team
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: One year
The purpose of this post is to support in the overall responsibility for the finance administration, assist the budget preparation, assist donor and financial reporting for Save the Children’s Thailand Programmes and ensures that a high quality of financial management.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Manager
Staff reporting to this post: n/a
Budget Responsibilities: n/a
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Donor and member compliance:
- Checking all member/donor compliance in the report before submission
- Assist Finance Manager for kick off meeting
Planning and Budgeting
- Assist SCI budget plan and forecast process, master budget
- Assist budget holders with preparation of budget templates
- Coordinate with budget holders for budget forecast and upload to Agresso system
- Prepare monthly variance analysis
- Prepare and submit monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) budget holder/ Program Manager
- Arrange monthly meeting with the budget holder/ Program Manager to update them about the expenditure against the budget; suggest necessary action accordingly
- Provide training to budget holders so that they understand key financial concepts
- Ensure all budget holders understand the financial information they are sent every month and to answer questions they may have
- Prepare donor financial report
- Ensure all reporting plan are agreed with all sections, accurate and share to all sections.
- Manage and track of the reporting submission step by step according to reporting plan and coordinate between sections and to member/donor submission on time.
- Assist in donor or grant specific audit other audit requirement
- Conduct Finance assessment especially for new partners, flag out risks of each partner and work with relevant sections for partner capacity building plan
- Identify areas for improving efficiency and effectiveness and provide suggestions and recommendations
- Coordinate with award team to make sure that the report submission dates from partners allowed enough time to report submission to donor
- Assist to coordinate, prepare for conduct financial and compliance training for partners.
- Monitor and field visit partner to ensure that partner are compliance with donor and SCI policy
- Ensure partner filing system; document, e-filing are well managed
- Conduct partner financial audit
- Ensure for partner close out
- Responsible for any other duties deemed necessary by the line manager
- Further responsibilities, tasks and competences will be adjusted on based on organisational developments.
- Coordinate with other support services team for any finance related process
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Financial
- At least 3 - 5 year experience in finance management
- The ability to speak, read and write in Thai and English as working languages
- Proficiency in computer use with various software packages
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a Grants, finance and accountant assistant post
- Experience of budget development and management
- Experience of donor reporting and liaison
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with international NGOs
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up 20,000 THB/year, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission: 22 July 2018
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Finance Analyst_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : email@example.com