Organization : Right To Play Thailand Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 12 Jun 2018
View : 563
Deadline : 24 / June / 2018
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (re-announcement)
Closing Date: 24 June 2018
Organization: Right To Play Thailand Foundation
Department/Division: Country Office
Work location: Bangkok, Thailand and field sites
Right To Play is a global organization, using the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through playing sports and games, Right To Play helps over one million children learn through play to create better futures, while driving lasting social change in more than 20 countries each week. Founded in 2000 by social entrepreneur and four-time Olympic gold medalist Johann Olav Koss, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has national fundraising offices in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Regional offices are in Africa and the Middle East. Our programs are facilitated by more than 600 international staff and 14,400 local volunteer Coaches.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (MELC) reports directly to the Thailand MEL Officer/Specialist where applicable. The incumbent receives technical advice and supervision from the Regional MEL Specialist. The MEL Coordinator will collaborate with staff, not only at the country office level, but also within the broader region and across the organization, globally through the current Global MEL strategy. The primary roles and responsibilities of the MEL Coordinator are to (a) Support Right To Play’s country-level monitoring, evaluation and learning plan, within the RTP Global MEL Strategy and specific to country strategies, needs and contexts; (b) Support on the monitoring of program activities, participants, and outcomes and support the development of program reports; (c) support program planning at the country level by coordinating appropriate assessments and by ensuring the communication of measurement findings; (d) support program evaluations; and, (e) help the country office utilize the findings in their program planning and decision-making processes. The MEL Coordinator supports the MEL system across the country and plays an active part in the global Right To Play MEL community by contributing to the organization’s understanding of its program approaches and outcomes.
5. Supporting and facilitating country planning processes (10%)
· In collaboration with other staff in the Country Office and the Regional Office, supports in identifying program and decision-making implications of MEL findings.
· Develops summary materials and supports the delivery of presentations on MEL findings to staff, partners, beneficiaries, and/or other stakeholders.
· Supports Thailand MEL Officer to provide technical support and recommendations to Program Team when required to make clear understanding on logic and rational of outputs and outcomes tracking and initial assessment.
· Coordinates the required preparations for MEL administrative activities (e.g. supporting on monitoring the department budget, supporting on HR activities involving departmental hiring)
6. Supporting the development and strengthening of RTP’s Global MEL Strategy (5%)
· Participates in RTP’s global MEL initiatives (e.g. Global MEL CoP, Global MEL Working Groups, and Global MEL seminars, trainings, consultations, etc.)
· Shares MEL preferred practices, lessons learned and other insights with RTP MEL colleagues based on contextual experiences.
· Maintains regular communications with the Regional MEL Specialist and Thailand MEL Officer.
· Supports other global MEL initiatives as required and as agreed to by the Regional MEL Specialist and Thailand MEL Officer.
· Support maintaining of existing research networks/partnerships as well as build-up for the new research partnership with educational and/or research institutes in Thailand.
Required (must have):
Desired (an asset):
Required (must have)
Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and kindly include “MEL Coordinator” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
For more information, please visit: www.righttoplay.or.th