Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 6 Jun 2018
View : 1165
Deadline : 27 / June / 2018
TITLE: School Health and Nutrition Project Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation LOCATION: Bangkok with frequent travel to Saraburi and Nakornratchasrima
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed term contract for 1 year
Save the Children in partnership with Cargill Protein has initiated a School Health and Nutrition (SHN) Project to nourish and enrich children in communities in Saraburi and Nakorn Ratchasrima Provinces. By working with the Cargill CSR department, we will develop a holistic nutrition and physical activity program for children in which it works to deliver significant benefit. We will leverage existing element of Cargill’s investment in healthy lifestyles in the 12 schools it supports and include new elements for improving nutritional and related heath knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and practices among students and schools. Our goal is to transform the 12 schools in to Model schools to scale up nutrition and physical activity programming to 38 other schools in the target areas.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Program Implementation Manager
Staff reporting to this post: 3
Direct: 2 (officers)
Indirect : 1 (driver)
Budget Responsibilities: Budget holder for project
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Program Coordination and Support:
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the School Health and Nutrition (SHN) Project in accordance with project design and plans as agreed.
- Coordinate with implementing school partners to ensure the sharing of knowledge, learning and resources related to SHN programming
- Ensure that the SHN project is implemented in line with SC established standards and guidelines, especially with internally recognised framework: Focusing Resources on school Health and Nutrition (FRESH)
- Coordinate SHN learning activities, data collection, data management, and data analysis according to guidance and agreements with Health Specialist.
- Ensure effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with all stakeholders including Cargill CSR department.
- Ensure or contribute to the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation;
- Working with other relevant staff, analyse collected data and information and prepare progress reports and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment;
- Ensure accurate SHN project budget plan, forecast and spending.
- Compile or contribute to SHN project implementation training, orientation and capacity building materials to promote knowledge sharing with donors and school partners;
- Staff management:
- Provide direct technical support and daily management to SHN Officers;
- Provide strategic direction to the project staff in line with Save the Children’s SHN strategy;
- Line manage and conduct quarterly performance review with SHN officers
- Planning, reporting, monitoring and learning:
- Monitor and evaluate the SHN program activities in line with the internal M&E plan and in coordination with others
- Ensure timely and quality planning and reporting of SHN activities to program manager, health specialist, and donor in line with internal requirements.
- Collate and write required implementation plans and reports from SHN Officer for timely submission;
- To maximize continuous learning, ensure timely and quality documentation of SHN activities, including collection of case studies, documenting of lessons learned, best practices and challenges with support from Health Specialist
- Other duties as assigned and according to the demands of the program
- Collaboration and Representation:
- Liaise with other stakeholders, including schools, Parent Teacher Association, and Cargill Protein Employees’ Engagement and participate in relevant meetings.
- Collaborate with other team members across to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
- Represent health programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate.
- Health Advocacy, Strategy, and Business Development:
- With support from the global Save the Children School Health and Nutrition technical team, provide technical oversight for the project, ensuring alignment with international and Save the Children thematic standards
- Working with the Program Development and Quality team, provide support in drafting health program strategies for the office
- Lead in advocacy efforts as connected with the Cargill project and link these with wider Save the Children advocacy and campaigns on children’s health
- Working with the Program Development and Quality team, assist in designing new health projects and subsequent proposal development
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Health and Nutrition, Social Sciences, or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance or humanitarian work.
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional work experience at national and international level relevant Health and Nutrition programmes
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in project management, capacity building and training
- Fluency in the local language/s and English required
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Reporting and monitoring skills
- Experience and expertise in health and nutrition highly desirable.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Experience in delivering effective health and nutrition programs is desirable
- Experience working in an international development organization is an asset.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up 20,000 THB/year, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, Link to 2 most recent publications or soft copies can be attached, and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for submission: 27 June 2018
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for School Health and Nutrition Project Coordinator_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : email@example.com