Organization : APCOM Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Jun 2018
View : 1222
Deadline : 29 / June / 2018
Organisation: APCOM Foundation
Title : Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Deadline: 29 June 2018
Contract Period: 12 months
- About APCOM
- APCOM represents a diverse range of community interests working together to advocate on, highlight and prioritise issues that affect the lives of people regarding their sexual orientation and gender identities. In the context of our organisation, this would include gay men, men who are having sex with men (MSM), hijra and transgender people, and many other expressions of sexual orientation and gender identities. Our work has a strong focus on health (especially sexual and reproductive health), mental and physical well-being, enabling environments for the population we serve, and human rights. We envision a world where sexually diverse and gender non-conforming people live life fully, free of stigma and discrimination – a world where everyone is treated equally. By influencing governments and opinion leaders, we are generating a positive, enduring change.
- APCOM is a registered Foundation in Thailand, with its Secretariat based in Bangkok carrying out 4 strategies:
- Advocate for sexual health services;
- Advocate for an enabling environment including health and human rights;
- Gather, generate and share strategic information that can be used by communities for advocacy;
- Build a cadre of community advocates at all levels to strengthen the voice and agency of our communities.
We work with communities and networks of gay men, bisexual men, transgender people and hijras, CBOs and CSOs in Asia and the Pacific by offering support and mentorship, and technical expertise.
About the Position : Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
The post will support learning, monitoring and evaluation activities across all programme area. This will include: process and tools development, data collection and analysis, reporting and learning/reflection processes, and some evaluation. The position will assist APCOM as a regional organisation in the use, adaption and reporting form tools and processes and will be active in identifying learning opportunities from APCOM’s work that demonstrate impact, outcomes and important learning opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the APCOM’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of MEL Plan of APCOM’s partners under the Finance Inc., Project;
- Provide guidance and support to APCOM country partners to develop annual program monitoring plans, data quality assessments, clarify roles and expectations for MEL;
- Contribute to the technical design of MEL methodologies
- Contribute to data collection, storage and analysis
- Work with Units within APCOM, ensure M&E Tools and processes are understood and used
- Provide advice to staff and stakeholders on M&E decisions, such as the identification of priorities, needs and indicators; the design, set up and use of M&E systems to collect data;
- Identify opportunities to provide and present Evaluation and Learning findings and data to APCOM Secretariat and/or Management to contribute to decision-making and strategic planning processes, as appropriate;
- In consultation with project staff, contribute to technical and programmatic program reports
- Ensure information from M&E activities is properly analysed and written up for reporting and learning;
- Collation and analysis of M&E data (including through surveys, web statistics, interviews, feedback, case studies and reports) and analysed against outcomes to draw out learning and implications;
- Write and present Evaluation and Learning reports
- Maintain supporting documents, computerised and manually for activities conducted such as trainings, onsite or in-country technical assistance, capacity building assessments, advocacy activities, etc;
Knowledge and Skills Requirement
An advanced degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrate understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles and practice;
- Demonstrated skill set related to monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- Experience supporting and promoting MEL and implementing MEL in organisational context;
- Experience working in a multi-organisational context with different partners and stakeholders;
- Experience of facilitation and providing capacity support for networks of Key Populations or Community Based Organisations (CBO), especially at country level;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Communicating effectively
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
If you think you have the passion, skills and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team please prepare your application, by addressing each point listed in section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’ in the above position description/brief. You are required to state how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications relate to the position. It is recommended that you address each criteria separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area.
Applicants who fail to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for this position in their application will not be invited to attend an interview.
The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview. Where a large number of applicants meet the essential and desirable requirements, only those applicants who most strongly meet the requirements will be selected for interview. The shortlisted candidates will undergo an online written test and oral interview.
Please ensure that you have attached and included the following information to ensure you application is complete.
ü Complete application (addressing each of the points in Section 4: ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’)
ü CV with 3 references
ü Cover Letter (Please include proposed monthly salary in THB)
Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter and proposed monthly rate and submit to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org. applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Successful applicant is expected to begin in the middle of July 2018.
“This will be a rolling application and ends when the person is recruited." For questions or enquiries for the position, please contact the Human Resources at JoinUS@apcom.org