Organization : Amnesty International Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 15 May 2018
View : 1585
Deadline : 10 / June / 2018
Purpose of the role:
We are now looking for a Communications Agency who can lead the development and implementation of an integrated communications, branding and media strategy for Amnesty International Thailand.
The Agency must have relevant experience in working on communications strategies for international NGOs, including on developing brand and campaign messages, and a good understanding of the Thailand context and media landscape. Experience and knowledge in promoting human rights work is a plus. The Communications Agency will be working with the Director of Amnesty International Thailand and a small team of internal communications professionals to provide strategic expertise and advice in the development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy.
The Agency is expected to engage and consult with a wide range of stakeholders -- including the board, staff, members, volunteers, partners, media, and public – in order to get adequate inputs and feedback on the communications strategy. The engagement is expected to be divide into 2 phases –
1) Communications Strategy Development (3 months); and 2) Pilot Implementation and design of PR of organization profile publications. (3 months).
An extension is possible subject to performance and results.
The role involves, but is not limited to, the following functions:
• Develop an integrated communications strategy, anchored on promoting brand awareness and membership growth, for Amnesty International.
• Ensure and advise that the work of the communications team is aligned to the communications strategy
• Conduct a thorough review of Amnesty International’s communications and media assets/programs and provide recommendations for improvements
• Developing and implementing pro-active communications that enhance the organization’s campaigns and manage the reputation of Amnesty International Thailand around the world.
• Develop profile of key figures of Amnesty International Thailand, including placement in high profile media outlets, as well as sourcing and managing speaking opportunities.
• Support Amnesty International Thailand’s growth plans in Thailand developing public relations tools and tactics that help tell the broader story of Amnesty International Thailand as a leading human rights organization.
• Supervise the content development about Amnesty International Thailand on its web site and other online platforms, ensuring the information posted is relevant, engaging and consistent with the strategy
• As the results of communication and branding strategy, work with the Media and Communications team to:
• plan and organize media activities including news conferences and media briefings, as appropriate,
• Manage the resources and budget required to deliver the event.
• Pitch Amnesty International Thailand stories and spokespeople to the media.
• Write interesting and effective media materials, including press kits, news releases, op eds and features.
• Identify media training needs for spokespeople and team and assist in implementing relevant training.
• Monitor and evaluate Amnesty International Thailand’s communication effectiveness and report to the Director and the board members
• Collaborate closely with Campaigns and Growth and Development departments in order to achieve Amnesty International Thailand’s campaigns impact and fundraising and growing membership
Experience: Strong track record and portfolio on communications for NGOs, with experience in human rights advocacy a plus
Technical knowledge and skills:
· Sound understanding of human rights
· Excellent IT knowledge and skills, and preferably with graphic designing knowledge and skills
· Journalistic, editorial and copywriting skills
1. Excellent understanding of traditional and digital communications and how to harness it, as well as experience in evaluating success using online evaluation platforms
2. Result-oriented approach: to achieve performance objectives and realize benefits for the organization by using creativity and innovation
3. Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of constraints, opportunities and resources
4. Commitment to Amnesty International’s mission and principles
5. Ability to produce quality work in both Thai and English
Reports to: Director
Supervise roles: Media and Communications Coordinator, Digital Communications Officer and intern(s)
Other relevant relationships: Work closely with Campaigns and Growth Development in planning and executing communications work to AITH’s target audience.
Submissions for the proposal
The submission must address the terms of reference and include:
The resume of the candidate/ organization A proposal outlining a draft work plan, A detailed all-inclusive budget Office register and Office profile Close date for submissions: Applicant should submit their interest by 10 June 2018. Submissions should be addressed email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Submit a prop sal for the Bid: Project Growth Communication Consultant_Name of candidate” Candidate may invite to come for the briefing after 10 June 2018
Amnesty International Thailand is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org