Organization : Right To Play Thailand Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 May 2018
View : 1434
Deadline : 3 / June / 2018
Position: Field Facilitator – Phuket (Burmese speaker)
Closing Date: June 3, 2018
Organization: Right To Play Thailand Foundation
Department/Division: Migrant Community - ACT Project
Work location: Phuket, Thailand
Right To Play is a global organization, using the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through playing sports and games, Right To Play helps over one million children learn through play to create better futures, while driving lasting social change in more than 20 countries each week. Founded in 2000 by social entrepreneur and four-time Olympic gold medalist Johann Olav Koss, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has national fundraising offices in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Regional offices are in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Our programs are facilitated by more than 600 international staff and 14,400 local volunteer Coaches.
The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play project activities and providing support and guidance to the community team in using RTP tools in the project location. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project for quality of delivery and effectiveness
The position is based in Phuket working with the surrounding local migrant community. The position is also expected to provide support to other Right To Play projects in Thailand from time to time, as deemed necessary by the Program Manager or Country Director.
- Activities planning and implementation
- Ensures participation of partners, children/young people and stakeholders in the process of project planning and implementation of the proposed activities.
- Supports Coaches and Coach Trainers in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal facilitates their activities and reports to the PO.
- Organizes and conducts special events activities, play days and sports tournaments.
- In coordination with partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers, evaluates events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
- Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
- Assesses training needs of Coach Trainers, Coaches, Junior Leaders, teachers and partners, recommends the suitable intervention and works with them to develop training schedules.
- Organizes and facilitates training workshops conducted by other program staff and participates in the training as required.
- Facilitates the training sessions conducted by Coach Trainers, evaluates them and reports to the PO.
- Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
- Handles advance payments and manages cash money used for the activity implementation.
- Follows up on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the PO.
- Assesses needs for facility repairs and upgrades in the community, facilitates the authorized work and ensures that overall work has been completed in accordance with the approved standards.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Conducts regular field visits with partners, Coach Trainers and Coaches to follow up and provide support as needed.
- Participates in workshops/training to partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers in the quantitative data collection tools and qualitative monitoring tools and ensures accurate and timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data to RTP team.
- Provides narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports to update Country and Regional Office on project progress.
- Submits financial reports related to activity implementation
- Ensures partners and Coaches are in compliance with Child Safeguarding Policy
- Establish and maintain partnerships.
- Identifies community needs, participates in the selection of communities and partners to be included in RTP program in the respective Field.
- Represents RTP in the project location and relevant forums and have regular consultations with local partners, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in the assigned community.
- Supervision and guidance
- In collaboration and consultation with partners identifies potential Coaches who can become Coach Trainers.
- Recommends Coach Trainers and Coaches for certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required (must have):
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education or any related discipline.
Desired (an asset):
- Understanding of adult education principles
- Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
- Effective report writing
- Understanding of a community-led process
- Understanding of the concept of sport for development
- Understanding of child rights and child protection
Required (must have)
2 years’ experienced working in project implementation and facilitation part of which should have been in leading a team.
Desired (an asset):
- Experience implementing a development program with local populations in both rural and urban settings
- Experience in training, leading workshops and teaching
- Experience of working with vulnerable youth
- Experience working in the migrant community
- Personal sport and activity background with coaching experience
- Fluency in written and spoken Burmese, English and Thai
- Mon language - desired
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to confidently represent oneself and Right To Play
- Effective planning and organizing skills
- Coaching and feedback skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong development and team building skills
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and kindly include “Field Facilitator, Phuket” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
For more information, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/righttoplaythailand/