Organization : Pai Seedlings Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 17 Apr 2018
View : 2019
Deadline : 1 / August / 2018
Position: administrative officer / project assistant
Location: Pai, Mae Hong Son
Reports to: President / Project manager
Starting Date: August 2018.
Contract: long term involvement preferred. Two months’ probation.
Pai Seedlings Foundation is a young and dynamic non-profit organization promoting environmental and education projects in the valley of Pai, Mae Hong Son Province.
The focus is on building local resilience through organic farming and short circuit economy, and also to create a network between the different actors (non-profits, businesses, administrations) to promote local organics products.
- Thai national
- University degree in relevant subjects (Business Administration or other relevant) - New graduates are welcome but experience in foundation is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Basic Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Publisher, Internet.
- Basic understanding of office administration practices and financial reporting.
- Personal interest in environmental issues, community development and non-profit administration.
- Interest in developing and growing the Foundation over the years and to take more responsibility.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in English and Thai.
- Capacity to adapt speech to interlocutor: farmers, business owners, administration officer, volunteers, lawyers…
- Organised and resourceful in researching and finding information.
- Open to receiving training and taking on new responsibilities as they arise.
- Able to manage multiple projects under varying timelines.
- Able to take initiatives, work independently and also in a multicultural team.
- Able to adapt to new situations, and accept constructive feedback.
- Honesty, trustworthiness, time management.
Under the overall supervision of the President, the Administrative Officer will bring support in all aspects of administration, logistics, procurement, human resources, and foundation registration. S/he will undertake the following tasks:
- Keep track of administrative deadlines for foreign workers and official reports: visa, work permits, annual reports, rental contracts…
- Coordinates with government as related to visa and work permit for expatriate staff: prepare documents, assist foreign staff at Immigration and the Labour Office.
- Communicate with Thai local partners.
- Prepare documents for the annual board meeting and take board meeting minutes.
- Prepare documents to submit our annual report.
- Work with the Accountant to prepare financial documents.
- Translate documents from Thai to English and English to Thai. Write and translate contracts and contents for communication.
- Oversee routine office administration tasks.
- Assist project manager / president with research and communication with locals.
- Ensure that the process of foundation registration is consistent with Thai authority's policies.
- Ensure that the organisation stays up-to-date on labour policy, Immigration policy and other legal requirements.
- Perform other tasks as needed for project success and assigned by the Operations Manager and/or Executive Director.
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter stating how they meet the qualifications, skills and interests in the Foundation’s mission, a detailed curriculum vitae or resume in PDF format, and an expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Application for Administrative Officer”.
Contact : email@example.com / 0852641331