Organization : Jesuit Refugee Service
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 13 Mar 2018
View : 2361
Deadline : 27 / March / 2018
URGENT RE-ADVERTISED FOR THIS POST
Position: Administrative Assistant (Thai citizen only)
Project: Urban Refugee Programme (URP)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: Project Director
Starting date: 1 April 2018
Contract: 1 year with possible extension depending upon funding availability
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. The organisation was founded in November 1980 and has a presence in over 50 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term wellbeing of refugees and displaced persons, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. JRS offers opportunities to a wide variety of staff, local and international, while maintaining a realistic and localised scheme of salary/stipend, insurance, etc.
In Thailand, JRS manages three programmes spread throughout urban and rural areas serving refugees, asylum seekers, and migrants. JRS Thailand has field offices in Bangkok and Mae Hong Son. The main areas of work include education, psycho-social services, livelihoods, emergency assistance, and advocacy. For more information about JRS in Asia Pacific and Thailand, visit: http://www.jrsap.org
Although half of the world’s refugees live in urban areas such as Bangkok, the vast majority of assistance is focused on refugees living in camps. Guided by Pedro Arrupe’s vision for JRS – to go where no one else is working and serve the most forgotten – JRS Thailand is dedicated to serving, accompanying and advocating for urban refugees, asylum seekers, and migrants. Established in 1990, the Urban Refugee Programme in Bangkok supports urban refugees and asylum seekers in Bangkok through emergency and casework assistance, psychosocial counselling, legal services, and community capacity building. In the last year, the number of people arriving in Bangkok and claiming asylum have increased dramatically. There are now close to 8,000 urban refugees, asylum seekers and other persons of concern registered with UNHCR in Bangkok, of which the majority are asylum seekers. In addition, there are a large number of people awaiting registration at UNHCR. The majority of asylum seekers and refugees are from South Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
Purpose of the position:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining day-to-day financial, accounting and administrative duties in order to meet URP requirements and support URP operations.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the URP Project Director and is responsible for assisting with preparation of financial documents, maintaining cash controls and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and managing office operations. The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the URP Project and supports URP staff with administrative and financial services on a regular basis.
- To administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the URP financial system is maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- To assist the Project Director with preparation of the monthly forecast.
- To assist URP Caseworkers with preparation of payment lists for financial assistance for clients.
- To provide financial assistance to clients and maintain accurate financial records.
- To ensure data is accurately entered into the URP record system in a timely manner.
- To prepare and submit to the Project Director accurate monthly reports on financial assistance for clients.
- To administer payment to interpreters and maintain related financial files and records.
- To provide emergency assistance payments to clients as requested.
- To complete financial accounting data entry, maintain accurate accounting records and provide hard documents to the Country Office Finance team.
- To order stationary supplies for URP and keep regular records.
- To maintain the filing, storage and security of documents.
- To manage the repair and maintenance of computer and office equipment.
- To prepare documents as per donor requirement (as requested by Project Director).
- To organize and arrange meeting rooms.
- To record the timeline of staff on the whiteboard to hard copy
- To prepare the work plan and time sheet and record to annual leave, sick leave for HR and Finance
- To record the interpreters list on the database
- To record the refugee/ asylum seeker personal information from the beneficiary card to the database
- To assist non-Thai speaking project staff members to coordinate with the Thai government, Thai landlords and local Thai NGOs, FBOs.
- To coordinate with Country Office HR and Finance teams.
To perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum High Vocational Certificate required, in commerce and accountancy or related field.
• Strong commitments to serve, accompany, and advocate on behalf of urban refugees and asylum seekers.
• Fluent in written and spoken Thai.
• Fair spoken and written English.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and the ability to operate spreadsheet, financial software and word processing programs.
• Experience in office administration, accounting and bookkeeping.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Administrative Assistant.
• Honesty, trustworthiness, and time management skills.
• Strong teamwork skills, ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural and flexible environment, and ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Willingness to travel to/from sites and ability to use public transport to/from clients’ residence as needed.
This position offers a localised salary with insurance, health and other benefits. Interested candidates must apply by sending cover letter and CV (including 3 references) and address how they satisfy the criteria described above.
Applications are to be sent to “email@example.com” and "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Applications close on 27 March 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.