Organization : APCOM Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 12 Mar 2018
View : 380
Deadline : 31 / March / 2018
Organisation: APCOM Foundation
Title : Programme Assistant (35K - 40K)
Deadline: 31 March 2018
Founded in 2007, APCOM is a coalition of members – governments, UN partners, non-profits and community based organisations – from Asia and the Pacific. We represent a diverse range of interests working together to advocate on, highlight and prioritise HIV issues that affect the lives of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender people, including rights, health and well-being.
Our goals are:
- Increasing investment in HIV prevention, treatment, care and support in the region
- Scaling up coverage of HIV prevention, treatment, care and support in the region
- Strengthening the development and availability of the evidence base that supports our mandate
By influencing governments and opinion leaders, we are generating positive, enduring change. APCOM is registered as a Foundation in Thailand and has its Secretariat based in Bangkok who carries out the work of APCOM as per our current 2014-2019 Strategic Plan, which was approved by the board in 2013 and has four strategic results:
- Advocacy for sexual health services for our communities, aimed at engaging health policy makers, programme planned and services to scale up their service delivery.
- Advocacy for an enabling environment for sexual health and support services aimed at pushing national governments and policy makers to establish MSM and transgender friendly legal environments, to ensure that health services are accessible.
- Gathering, generating and sharing strategic information for advocacy, to ensure community and development partners have access to relevant information to generate evidence-based work.
- Building a cadre of advocates at all levels, to ensure there is support for current community advocates and to support the development of new emerging leaders.
The Programme Assistant is expected to support the Programmes, Advocacy and Campaigns Unit, during the designing, implementation and transitioning phase of APCOM’s projects. And to liaise with the Operations Unit on the contract agreements and financial and administrative procedures, and Communication and Campaign unit on profiling the advocacy and programme work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working within the Programmes, Advocacy and Campaigns Unit, the Programme Assistant will be responsible to perform administrative and financial duties in liaising with Operation Units and extend assistance to APU unit in accomplishment of Programmatic Goals, Objectives and adhering compliance towards organizational policies and donor requirements, overall extending support to strengthen documentation system and programme management systems in the unit.
Specific Task Include
- Prepare contract and/ or agreements between APCOM and partner organization or agencies necessary for project implementations.
- Logistics coordination and preparation for events/activities/meetings/consultations such as Board Members meeting, Stakeholders Meetings, Special HIV/AIDS including ICAAP (International Congress on AIDS in Asia and Pacific) and International AIDS conference.
- Designs and develops databases to support project activities.
- Assist in coordination and monitoring of Project Activities and Budgets; Prepare supporting documents for payment for the executed activities.
- Performs purchases and procurements of materials, goods and equipment according to the project’s needs.
- Taking notes during organization/team meetings and preparing summary points for Senior Management for meetings/conferences.
- Update and Maintain accurate and detailed participant training and other relevant records.
- Ability to work accurately and systematically; to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems.
- Providing assistance in translating official /relevant documents from Thai Language to English Language and vice versa.
- Administration and Management of day to day operations.
- Execute/Accomplish other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Demography, Development, Statistics or academic equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience working at the assistant/associate level with Thailand based organization, academic institute or agency;
- Basic experience working on the developmental issues preferably HIV, Sexual Reproductive Health and Human Rights within the context of Thailand;
- Possessing a good understanding of programme issues, preferably in programming for male who are having sex with males, transgender and other sexual minorities;
- Proven experience in handling administrative work, adapting polices and procedures in day to day work;
- Proven experience taking notes and documenting meeting records, maintaining files, data base and good with collecting information from various sources;
- Proved experience in managing logistics and active involvement in designing/managing events and handling different vendors;
- Proven knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office tools and search engines;
Functional /Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to analyse and consolidate information from multiple sources and prepare background briefs
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, with limited or adequate day-to-day support with a sense of humour, and a willingness to take on different projects and tasks as need arises
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Thai and English language
- Should have well-developed professionalism, tactfulness, personal discipline and impartiality Able to work as a team, open to sharing information and excels in coordinating efforts
- Sensitive and professional approach to sexuality and sexual health issues.
This position is only open for Thai Nationalist. It is strongly recommended that applicants identify as one of the key affected populations for HIV (gay man, bisexual man, MSM, transgender person and/or people living with HIV) or LGBTIQ.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter and proposed monthly rate and submit to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org no later 17:00 GMT+7 on 31 March 2018.
The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview. Where a large number of applicants meet the essential and desirable requirements, only those applicants who most strongly meet the requirements will be selected for interview.
Please ensure that you have attached and included the following information to ensure you application is complete.
ü CV with 3 references
ü Cover Letter (Please include proposed monthly salary in THB)
For questions or enquiries for the position, please contact APCOM’S Human Resources Officer, Rangsit at firstname.lastname@example.org