Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 12 Mar 2018
View : 483
Deadline : 31 / March / 2018
Security Coordinator, Bangkok
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office (FO) in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities in eliminating labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a talented Security Coordinator to serve a critical role in IJM’s work by assessing potential risks and proposing and implementing appropriate risk management strategies related to the safety and security of IJM personnel and the protection of IJM assets. The Security Coordinator will further provide IJM personnel with training and services to promote safety and security while engaged in casework and other activities, and assist staff in preventing, preparing for and responding to emergencies and other security concerns. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. The position reports to the Bangkok Director of Investigations and Law Enforcement Development (DILED).
- Conduct security assessments and threat analysis in the project area and where necessary provide feedback on proposed mitigation strategies for specific threats;
- Assist the Director of Investigations and Law Enforcement Development (DILED) in coordinating all emergency/crisis situations, providing a timely and coherent response to incidents as they arise, and communicating internally and externally as needed;
- Draft security strategies, security policies/standards and implementation plans for FO and HQ review and approval as necessary;
- Establish plans of action for the implementation and periodic review of all security policies.
- Monitor and document the implementation of security procedures and policies;
- Liaise with the FO leadership to ensure that all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate staff, field offices, field workers, Contingency Operations at HQ and SA Regional Team as required;
- Orient new staff, interns, fellows, volunteers and other visitors on safety and security issues related to the office and the project areas;
- Ensure that IJM personnel have the necessary training and support at all times to deal with and mitigate risks and threats that arise in their work;
- Maintain close links with all departments to ensure that all projects are implemented with the highest degree of staff safety and security;
- Assess and provide recommendations on security related equipment for the office and the field, and work with the equipment custodian for replace or repair when needed.
- Conduct security assessments and threat analysis for the office location as required, and where necessary provide feedback on proposed mitigation strategies for specific threats;
- Monitor office equipment related to staff security (including but not limited to – vehicles, fire safety systems, office entry-exit access system etc.,) to ensure the safety of the staff;
- Provide or coordinate training of IJM personnel to prepare for evacuation, fire and other safety and security incidents;
- Design and implement a policy to screen and mitigate security risks related to the visitors and vendors coming in to the office;
- Ensure all staff who travel to the field have needed security assessments and risk mitigation support when on duty;
- Communicate promptly as needed with staff on field related to security;
- During rescue operations, perform the role of the Security Officer, coordinating security related logistics and ensuring the security of all staff and clients;
- Provide ongoing field security trainings to the all teams/personnel who travel to the field; and monitor and document compliance of the field security policies by all staff.
- Assess the security of existing and potential partner organizations that will have direct contact with clients, in collaboration with the respective teams, and provide recommendations;
- Assess the security of external locations where IJM will be hosting events (as requested);
- Draft and implement policies for background checks of any staff or volunteers with direct access to clients, in collaboration with the Deputy Field Office Director (DFOD);
- Ensure that all reports, correspondence, and similar documents are communicated to the Directors in a timely manner;
- Manage administrative, logistic and budgetary issues related to safety and security programs/procedures;
- Perform other related duties as required by the managing Directors.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional security or risk assessment training preferred.
- Experience conducting security assessments and delivering security services.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Thai required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical, organizational and facilitation skills and attention to detail.
- Thai national, Non-Thai who can work legally in Thailand.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission.
- Interested person please download IJM application form via this link http://bit.ly/2hyjWZX
- Submit it with your CV to BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- Only completed applications (IJM Job Application Form and CV) will be reviewed.
- For further information,
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org