Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 12 Mar 2018
View : 2146
Deadline : 31 / March / 2018
Public Engagement Officer
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia. IJM is headquartered in Washington, DC.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through its Chiang Mai Field Office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on Thai citizenship cases for hill tribe groups and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office in Bangkok that provides support to Thai authorities to eliminate forced labor trafficking from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, social workers, fieldworkers and other professionals support Thai law enforcement, social services and the judiciary to identify and prosecute labor trafficking crimes and restore survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a Public Engagement Officer to build and support partnerships, external communication and related public engagement initiatives of the Bangkok FO that will strengthen systems of justice that protect vulnerable communities from violence. We are looking for a professional who is passionate about the IJM mission and willing to apply his or her skills in connecting and developing relationships with diverse stakeholders, communication, coordination and administrative support. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand and the region. The position reports to the Public Engagement Manager.
Community Engagement Support
- Assist the Public Engagement Manager and Community Partnership Specialist in the overseeing and reporting on the FO’s community engagement initiatives
- Coordinate with partners on and provide logistical support for public engagement events, including conferences, workshops, trainings and other events;
- Coordinate with team members, partners and volunteers and keep them updated on the development of on-going projects;
- Lead short-term projects and initiatives as requested by Director;
- Update and maintain database of external stakeholders;
Media and Communications:
- Support development of articles, stories and other communication materials to highlight the successes of survivors, partners and IJM, and to document results and activities from IJM and partner programs;
- Actively monitor news related to IJM’s work from print, broadcast and online media;
- Compile and analyze media data and summarize and collate monthly and quarterly media reports;
- Review and update Community Engagement presentations and materials on a regular basis;
- Draft emails, memos, reports and other internal and external communication materials;
Logistics and Administrative Support:
- Provide administrative support including organizing, filing and documentation for the department;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and draft agendas for department trips; and
- Assist with public engagement team budget management and take responsibility for monitoring of team expenditure.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s level university degree in relevant field
- At least 3 years of related work experience
- Understanding of social issues, Thai civil society, and current media/news trends and patterns
- Proven ability to work well at an inter-personal level with diverse stakeholders
- Fluent spoken and written English and Thai
- Confident communicator who can build rapport with vendors, partners, and other stakeholders to access resources necessary for programming
- Basic photography & videography skills (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through and accountability for results;
- Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures; proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to exercise sound judgment, take initiative and produce results;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team;
- Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international-standard, professional working style and business culture, in addition to ability to work effectively in Thai and other Southeast Asian working styles and business cultures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ability to establish and maintain and foster good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working environment;
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication;
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission, vision and values.
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org