Community Partnership Coordinator -Thai National Only
Community Partnership Coordinator -Thai National Only
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia. IJM is headquartered in Washington, DC.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through its Chiang Mai Field Office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on Thai citizenship cases for hill tribe groups and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office in Bangkok that provides support to Thai authorities to eliminate forced labor trafficking from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, social workers, fieldworkers and other professionals support Thai law enforcement, social services and the judiciary to identify and prosecute labor trafficking crimes and restore survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a Community Partnership Coordinator to build engagements with and build the capacity of diverse civil society groups to protect vulnerable communities from violence. We are looking for a talented professional who is passionate about the IJM mission and willing to bring his or her skills in building collaborations in the social development sector with diverse stakeholders. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require some travel within Thailand and the region. The position reports to the Public Engagement Manager.
Mobilize Stakeholders to Fight Forced Labor Trafficking
- Contribute to development of strategic plans for engaging with civil society stakeholders to cultivate interest, buy-in for program goals, and collaboration;
- Develop a range of accessible follow-up strategies for civil society groups including volunteering, advocacy outreach, casework support and other related activities;
- Represent IJM in stakeholder meetings, conversations, roundtables and other engagements with religious, industry and civil society groups;
- Work as a bridge builder and collaborator with NGOs, academics, corporates and educational institutions;
- Regularly communicate by email and other means about project updates and opportunities for engagement with a broad range of current and potential civil society partners;
- Speak intelligently, credibly, and passionately about the importance of engaging in the fight against forced labor trafficking and IJM’s theory of change to a wide variety of constituencies;
Engage Civil Society Stakeholders in Formal and Informal Partnerships
- Build relationships with strategic civil society organizations, corporate groups, and other potential partners identified;
- Develop partnership projects for the restoration of survivors, including provision of needed services and/or opportunities for economic sustenance of survivors through mobilizing and networking with corporations, foundations, civil society organizations and other related groups in Thailand and neighboring home countries;
- Coordinate and provide support to activities that generate civil society advocacy for the justice system to reduce forced labor trafficking;
- Recruit and maintain volunteers as needed to augment IJM staff or community partners on short term projects;
- Work together with other IJM teams to develop capacity building strategies, plans and supporting materials as necessary to assist civil society groups in being more effective in fighting forced labor trafficking;
- Produce thorough documentation and timely reports of all projects and activities conducted;
- Maintain updated records of all contacts;
- Be an effective member of the Public Engagement Team and the IJM Bangkok FO;
- Use effective communication and teamwork skills to work collaboratively to accomplish the mission of the organization;
- Collaborate as necessary with colleagues in other SE Asia FOs and with the global team;
- Perform other necessary assignments as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s level university degree in relevant field and 5 years relevant experience
- Experience coordinating projects with grassroots, community based groups
- Proven ability to network with diverse stakeholders across the community
- Proven ability to work well at an inter-personal level with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in spoken and written English and Thai.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organizational and leadership skills, attention to detail, exceptional follow-through and accountability for results.
- Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures; proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to exercise sound judgment, take initiative and produce results.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international-standard, professional working style and business culture, in addition to ability to work effectively in Thai and other Southeast Asian working styles and business cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ability to establish and maintain and foster good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working environment.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission, vision and values.
- Interested person please download IJM application form via this link http://bit.ly/2hyjWZX
- Submit it with your CV to BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- Only completed applications (IJM Job Application Form and CV) will be reviewed.
- For further information,
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org