Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 12 Mar 2018
View : 1774
Deadline : 31 / March / 2018
Aftercare Manager, Bangkok -Thai National Only
Aftercare Manager, Bangkok -Thai National Only
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office (FO) in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities in eliminating labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking an Aftercare Manager for its Bangkok Field Office. The Aftercare Manager will be responsible for establishing and directing the strategies and activities of IJM Bangkok’s Aftercare program for victims of forced labor and human trafficking in the Thai fishing and seafood industries. The individual will build and lead a high quality team in partnership with government and non-government agencies to ensure that victims are rescued and perpetrators are prosecuted under the laws of Thailand. The Aftercare Manager will also lead strategies and activities targeted at reducing the prevalence of forced labor and labor trafficking through sustainable improvements in the performance of local law enforcement and social services for victims. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. This position reports to the IJM Bangkok Deputy Field Office Director (DFOD).
Develop and Lead IJM Aftercare Team
- Recruit, train and lead a highly-effective, resilient and cohesive IJM aftercare team of social workers, psychosocial counselors, caseworkers and/or interpreters;
- Provide leadership to ensure IJM provides a model of highly-effective, multi-disciplinary and collaborative services and care to victims of forced labor trafficking;
- Develop, monitor and evaluate performance and leadership development objectives for IJM aftercare team staff, providing regular feedback, training and coaching;
- Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate strategies and best practices for effective IJM-assisted restoration of victims;
- Ensure full compliance by IJM’s aftercare program with IJM’s Global Aftercare Policy and IJM’s Minimum Standards of Care.
Achieve Collaborative Casework Objectives
- Lead and manage IJM’s aftercare program to ensure that victims of forced labor trafficking are rescued, provided with appropriate care and services, and are restored;
- Supervise IJM aftercare staff as they provide, facilitate or monitor crisis care, counseling, language interpretation, medical care, shelter services and education or life skills training to rescued victims;
- Ensure that victims assisted by IJM are provided with or referred to high-quality aftercare services based on individually assessed needs and in accordance with IJM’s Minimum Standards of Care;
- Ensure that all IJM-assisted victims receive legally-mandated Thai government protections and social services;
- Build relationships of mutual trust and benefit, and develop and maintain strategic and mutually supportive partnerships, with government and non-government partners to ensure holistic restoration services for IJM clients;
- Develop and implement cooperation strategies with officials in the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS) and MSDHS shelters for male victims of human trafficking;
- Engage, prepare and support IJM clients for testifying in court in partnership with aftercare partners and IJM Bangkok’s Legal and Law Enforcement Coordination departments;
- Educate, network, train and equip government and non-government partners in the effective aftercare and restoration for victims;
- Build and equip a network of aftercare partners to ensure the well-being and restoration of clients, including monitoring victim care, providing referrals for special services, visiting clients, and assisting with emergencies;
- Ensure detailed records related to IJM aftercare activities are maintained in IJM’s Casework Tracking and Management System (CTMS);
- Generate timely, high quality written and verbal communications regarding the aftercare program to the DFOD;
Management and Stewardship of IJM Resources
- Contribute to the development of the office’s strategic plans and budgets;
- Ensure spending of allocated funds in accordance with IJM’s budgetary and stewardship principles;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies and best practices;
- Continually increase the Aftercare Department’s effectiveness, efficiency, and organization by developing, maintaining, and updating all operating protocols, case management tracking and reporting systems, intervention strategies, and manuals;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the DFOD.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited university; Master’s degree strongly preferred;
- License in Social Work from the government of Thailand not required but strongly preferred;
- Minimum three years’ relevant experience providing direct services to victims of abuse;
- Minimum three years’ relevant experience in case management;
- Minimum two years’ experience leading and managing a team;
- Fluency or nearly fluency in written and spoken English and Thai;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Excel and Outlook) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic and multi-disciplinary team;
- High attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under pressure;
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Personable with a sustained positive attitude;
- Willingness and ability to travel within Thailand;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the poor and the oppressed.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission.
- Interested person please download IJM application form via this link http://bit.ly/2hyjWZX
- Submit it with your CV to BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- Only completed applications (IJM Job Application Form and CV) will be reviewed.
- For further information,
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org