Organization : Help without Frontiers Thailand Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Mar 2018
View : 2934
Deadline : 18 / March / 2018
In our comittment to help those most in need in their right to education, Help without Frontiers Foundation Thailand is looking for a project assistant for our Education team.
REPORT TO: Alternative Education project coordinator
LIAISES WITH: Project coordinators, Education programme manager, other HwF managers and members of staffs
Under the overall supervision of the Alternative Education Project Coordinator, the SMART Education Coordinator and the Education Programme Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the overall implementation of two projects SMART Education (funded by Diakonia) and Health and Language and integration of alternative education and health for migrant children living in Thailand (funded by Education Thai Health Promotion Foundation).
The “SMART Education” project aims to promote awareness, safety and opportunities for migrant children from Myanmar through the knowledge on child rights and safe migration, reducing their vulnerability and exploitation as well as providing access to recognized education programs. The project has two key focuses; firstly to promote safe migration of vulnerable migrant children and youth from Myanmar, through training TOTs (Train of Trainers) who then conduct awareness raising campaigns and activities among the migrant communities to prevent unsafe migration of children, child trafficking and exploitation; and secondly to directly support the alternative education programs NFPE (Non-Formal Primary Education) and NFME (Non-Formal Middle Education) developed by the Myanmar government to provide recognized pathways for migrant children in the future.
The project assistant position works mainly to support the second part of SMART Education project, Alternative education.
- Assist the overall implementation of the two projects SMART Education and Health and Language and integration of alternative education and health for migrant children living in Thailand.
- Meet and liaise with relevant key stakeholders and project partners (migrant learning centers, representatives from Myanmar Ministry of Education, Thailand Ministry of Education, as well as other NGOs in the education sector).
- Attend in frequent visits to migrant learning centres involved in NFPE and NFME programme.
- Translating documents (reports, meeting notes, agendas etc.) from Thai in Burmese and English.
- Interpreting in meetings from Burmese to Thai and from Thai to Burmese.
- Communicate, share information, liaise with and participate in meetings with Department of Alternative Education and Myanmar Literacy Resource Center under Myanmar Ministry of Education as well as Migrant Education Coordinating Committee under Thai Ministry of Education
- Assist the Project Coordinator and the Programme Manager in the reporting of activities, project reporting as well as updating project statistics.
- Together with Education team, take responsibility for the planning and carrying out of common activities.
- Assist Help without Frontiers Thailand Foundation of awareness raising activities on the benefits of education and how to support children to stay in school and learn.
- Assist in the compilation of minutes of meeting and activity reports for the projects;
- Assist in the compilation of narrative reports to partner organisations;
- Any other assigned task by the Project Coordinator or Education Programme Manager.
- Work collaboratively with HwF management and other members of staff to achieve continuous improvement in service delivery to migrant communities.
- The Assistant takes on a supportive role in the coordination of HwFs programme with Alternative Education.
- The MLC project Assistant helps the MLC team (Coordinator and Assistant), the Education team and other Help without Frontiers Thailand Foundation (HwF) departments in various tasks.
- Specific tasks to be performed in collaboration with the SMART Education team:
- Assisting in trainings of: NFPE/NFME teachers, new NFPE teachers, directors and headmasters of MLCs who are in NFPE programme, refreshment training for NFPE teachers, teachers who will overview and monitor the final NFPE exam
- Visit to communities in Mae Sot, Phop Phra and Mae Ramat
- Participate in NFPE and NFME activities and ceremonies (opening and closing ceremonies and others).
- Work together with Myanmar Ministry of Education in carrying out the final exams.
- Consultation meetings with Myanmar Ministry of Education and relevant stakeholders for NFPE.
- Supporting the Program Manager in various other work tasks where appropriate.
- Supporting other projects/programs within HwF (Rays of Youth, Health, Child Protection, Admin/Finance) when needed.
- Assisting in the NFPE teacher follow up meetings 3 times a year.
- Previous experience in working with education projects and /or health projects.
- Active and committed approach to support the organization.
- Proficiency in basic office computer programs, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to contribute and participate in team and professional development activities.
- The Project Assistant can communicate, write and report in Burmese, Thai and English language (other languages is a plus).
- Able to collaborate with others well in the office as well as in the field, including other NGOs, government bodies, students, caregivers and community members.
- Flexibility in planning and carrying out program activities.
- Can perform well under pressure, including the occasional weekend assignment (HwF has a system of comp time).
- Free to travel to field sites in and around Mae Sot border area.
- Driver's license is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit:
To apply, please submit your CV, a cover letter with salary expectations as well as 3 references (including email address and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Sunday March 18th, 2018.
For additional questions, please contact Education Programme Manager Eva-Maria Munck, email@example.com 0622-414 620
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org