Organization : UNHCR
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Mar 2018
View : 2093
Deadline : 19 / March / 2018
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 21/2018
Field Associate (Protection)
Equivalent to GS-6
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
06 March 2018
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
19 March 2018
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
- Stay alert of political, social, economic and cultural developments which may have an impact on the protection operating environment.
- Support UNHCR’s consultative process with local government counterparts, partners and persons of concern for effective needs and risk assessment and planning, including for the preparation of the AOR´s protection and durable solutions strategy.
- Support the implementation, reporting and evaluation of the AOR´s protection and durable solutions strategy and the delivery of its operational components.
- Facilitate and monitor UNHCR’s responses in addressing child protection priorities and other specific protection needs of persons with special needs (PSNs).
- Support the implementation of Best Interest Assessment/Determination Procedures (BIA/BID).
- Conduct sensitization of Child Protection Referral System (CPRS) for child protection activities, and monitor and assess its implemention by the community and CBO/NGO partners
- Facilitate the identification of durable solution needs of children at risk through assessment, monitoring, analysis and contact with populations of concern.
- Support effective systematization and management of child protection data (especially unaccompanied and separated children (UASCs)) to enhance monitoring, response and evaluation mechanisms.
- Conduct regular monitoring and reporting of child protection project implementation by COERR and provide technical support to COERR in the field of child protection.
- Maintain protection presence and promote confidence building through regular field visits to the 2 Temporary Shelters, making direct contact with persons of concern, local authorities and CBO/NGO partners.
- Perform any other duty, as requested.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Completion of post-secondary school.
- University degree in International Law, Political Science, International Relations or related field is an added value.
- Certificate/ training in International Law, Political Science or related field is required.
- Previous Job Experience: 6 years
- Job experience relevant to the function: 6 years
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of UNHCR software platform particularly proGres is an added value.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of local language(s) in both written and verbal communication is desirable.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm
Contact : THABAHR@unhcr.org