Organization : Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 12 Feb 2018
View : 1856
Deadline : 2 / March / 2018
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from Asia Pacific countries with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Programme Associates. The successful applicants will work with our committed team and membership to cultivate feminist movements, Development Justice and democratic accountability.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are drawn from 27 countries and the secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. If you are deeply committed to supporting feminist, progressive movements and challenging structural globalised inequalities, please consider applying to join our powerful team!
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia Pacific;
- A degree in law; social and political sciences; human rights, economics, communication studies, or women’s studies;
- Experience and knowledge of national, regional and international mechanisms, such as the UN Human Rights Council, or the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (monitoring Sustainable Development Goals accountability);
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic and socio-cultural environments in the region;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership driven network;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written, and demonstrated ability to write research or activity reports with proficiency in another language other than English is an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a multicultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in development work or women’s rights at the national, regional or international level; experience in working with a constituency-based organisation or network (indigenous peoples, women, farmers, migrants, workers, fisherfolk, dalits, LBTQI, etc) is an asset;
- Experience in desk research, qualitative and quantitative research skills and a proven capacity to analyse and critique economic, social and development policies is an asset;
- Project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation is an asset;
- Proficient computer skills - familiarity in using online shared platforms such as Google Suite and Dropbox is preferred.
Salary range commences at THB 34,500 (equivalent of USD 1,000) per month. Other benefits include contributions to employment pension fund; education allowance for children, 13th month salary, housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to relocate to Chiang Mai.
A probationary period of four months applies.
This is a full-time position with two-years contracts (renewable).
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Three referees (at least two of which must be professional)
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and research and analytical skills particularly in the area of women, law and development (e.g. a report, a programme plan)
Please send these via email with the subject line "Application for PA position" to Visalinee Phuntip at firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than 2 March 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.