Vacancy Announcement Field Coordinator, South
IUCN is seeking a qualified individual to join our Asia Regional Office, Bangkok, Thailand
- Identify locations and determine strategy for mangrove restoration and community-based conservation work with local communities, DMCR, and civil society organizations in Phang Nga, and Koh Samui to prepare and carry out restoration work, maintenance and monitoring; coordinate events with Marriott associates; monitoring and documentation of the restored areas.
- Develop Coral reef conservation strategy for hotel properties in Phuket and Samui area in close collaboration with DMCR local agencies.
- Implement coral reef conservation, restoration and education programme on site at the Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Merlin Beach.
- Serve as a manager of Reef Education Center and coordinate activities with the Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Merlin Beach.
- Develop innovative outreach materials to support the engagement of other properties in a sustainable environmental restoration project, improve IUCN visibility and provide support for donation programme, signs, flyers with Front office and HR teams.
- Provide technical support to relevant Marriott partnership activities in southern Thailand under the new strategies.
- Represent IUCN with the Marriott hotels and the DMCR to foster good relationship and support programme development
- Support the coral reef conservation works and other activities and events under guidance from IUCN Thailand programme coordinator and partners.
- Develop responsible seafood guideline for hotel’s chefs and determine fishery improve programme of local suppliers and hotels
- Train hotel associates on IUCN’s conservation and sustainability practices to improve sustainable hotel’s practices
- Assist in carrying out communications tasks of project such as web stories and brochures in close collaboration with Field Coordination Bangkok.
- Explore opportunities for other private sector engagement and carry out other relevant tasks assigned by, and mutually agreed with, the line manager
- At least Bachelor degree with an academic background in coastal management, fishery, natural resources management or related disciplines
- At least 4 years field work experience in project implementation position
- Experience in working with communities; experience in climate change adaptation, vulnerability assessment, and livelihood development; knowledge of local and provincial planning and development process.
- Good understanding of natural resources utilization especially for coastal management with sound analytical skills.
- Experience working with a diverse range of partners such as international organizations, NGOs, government departments and corporate sectors
- Experience with corporate sector on corporate social responsibility project and business engagement on sustainability type project.
- Good command of written and spoken English is essential
- Knowledge of local stakeholders
- Willing to be based at Phuket province.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 22 February 2018
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System,
by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.