Organization : United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 7 Dec 2017
View : 2439
Deadline : 20 / December / 2017
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Availability of the Post: as soon as possible
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for 65.6 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) is a fast growing global division with offices in 14 countries across the world. In 2016, PSP recruited over 250,000 new individual private donors and our ambition is to quickly grow in size, scale and global reach.
Direct dialogue fundraising, or face to face (F2F) fundraising, is at the heart of our growth strategy, currently accounting for over 80% of new donors recruited globally each year. It is through the efforts of the fundraisers working in this direct sales environment that we not only raise vital funds for refugees but also build UNHCR brand. In Thailand, PSP has been achieving outstanding results since its establishment in May 2008. Through in-house and outsourced face to face fundraising programmes, PSP generates the largest portion of funds that go directly to support refugees in Thailand.
Location Management will provide support in securing event spaces for the F2F fundraising team to conduct their duty, team building and training. In addition, the staff will help expand opportunity to raise funds such as Door to Door areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the PSP Associate, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
- Secure event sites (outdoor and indoor) for short term and long term partnerships for F2F fundraising booths.
- Maintain and develop relationship with new and existing location providers to ensure UNHCR has event spaces for the teams.
- Secure team building and training spaces for the teams.
- Explore the opportunity to expand F2F fundraising into new territories such as Door to Door.
- Survey, contact and build good relationship with venue management staff of an event site.
- Plan, organize, and monitor event schedule and results on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyze and improve the performance of the locations and teams.
- Coordinate UNHCR event plans with the outsourced face to face fundraising agencies.
- Manage administrative work in areas of event management; sending proposal, confirmation letter, thank you message and necessary actions.
- Provide any other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Thai national or non-Thai citizen who is legally resident in Thailand
- Bachelor degree in any related field
- Minimum 2 years working experience and/or one year experience related to event management preferably in direct sales or F2F marketing.
- Good command of English and Thai languages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good skills of sale, communication, negotiation and convincing.
- Discipline in time management and be punctual.
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and pleasant personality.
- Good skills in all MS office.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and resume indicating the vacancy number and the position title to THABAFRS@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
Contact : email@example.com