Organization : International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 6 Dec 2017
View : 2039
Deadline : 20 / December / 2017
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Mae Sot - Tak, Thailand
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The MS Senior Finance Officer provides effective day to day management of the finance and accounting activities of the IRC Tak province ensuring all transactions processed are in compliance with IRC regulations, policies and procedures. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Responsible for the finance verification of the payment requests which are less or equivalent to US$2,500/- submitted to finance, to ensure that:
- The IRC policies and donor regulations are adhered to.
- Expenses are allowable as per specific donor regulations.
- Budget adequacy before approval
- The charging codes for payments submitted are correct.
- The calculations are correct. (this includes test of the mathematical accuracy of invoices, receipts and supporting documents to payments )
- The relevant supporting documents are attached
- Ensure Payment Request generated by BVA system and cleared by requester after disbursement/liquidation made
Cash and Banking:
- Compile all unpaid payment invoices and prepare payment request vouchers for further processing.
- Review petty cash and bank reconciliations and ensure all records are correct and up-to-date (prepare daily cash flow report).
- Insure normal finance functions process in the absence of Mae Sot Senior Finance Officer or the Finance Officer.
- Transaction Verification
- Verification of MS office bank account reconciliation
- Verify MS office cash on hand weekly and monthly using the IRC cash counts form.
- Review and verify all purchase requests and purchase payment requests to ensure correct coding and budget availability.
- Perform correct calculation of withholding tax in compliance with the revenue’s rules & regulations
- Grant Management
- Review BVAs and provide corrective advice as needed or necessary
- Consolidation of the Tak province monthly cash flow projections. Coordinate with all Project Coordinators ensuring monthly projections are accurate and complete. Submit to Deputy Field Coordinator for review before sending to BKK Finance for further processing.
- Organize a filing system for all grants with proposal, contract agreement, reports and other formal/legal transactions
- Financial Reporting
- Reconcile all transactions for expenditure and ensure that accurate records are sent to the Finance Department BKK in accordance with finance reporting schedules
- Preparation of monthly MS shared program costs journal voucher after receiving the approved SPC allocation from BKK and send to Deputy Field Coordinator for review and submit to BKK for further processing
- Staff Management
- Supervise Finance officer, evaluate work performance and set job objectives using the IRC PME
- Training & Outreach
- Conduct finance orientation for all new staff on finance procedures and policies as required
- Ensure all IRC staff follow IRC’s cash, advance and banking policies by education staff through orientation and training.
- Participate in weekly support team and monthly staff meetings and provide necessary and important information.
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to : Deputy Field Coordinator – Mae Sot
Supervises: Finance Officer
University degree in accounting, finance or business administration
5 years of experience in managing financial operations in a private or not-for-profit organisation or 10 years or more of work experience in lieu of relevant University Degree
Computer literate with strong excel/ database skills
Formal and informal training abilities
Good command of written and spoken English
Fluent written and spoken Thai
- Previous experience working with refugees or humanitarian not for profit organization
- Understanding of Burmese or Burmese ethnic language
How to Apply: Application letter and most recent CV in English stating qualifications and experience should be submitted to the IRC Human Resources Department at Thailand.HR@rescue.org
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 20 December 2017
Contact : Thailand.HR@rescue.org