Organization : Doctors Without Borders Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 1 Dec 2017
View : 2014
Deadline : 15 / December / 2017
For this job the person is obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information about clients, personnel and the programme.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Doctors without Borders Thailand (DWBT) is a Thai company working to increase access to mental health in Thailand. DWBT is neutral, impartial and is solely medical in nature with no religious, political or human rights objectives.
DWBT is starting a project to primarily provide mental health services for victims of violence, including basic mental health and physiotherapy services and an appropriate system of referral where needed. The project is expected to be based in Pattani. DWBT will work to strengthen the existing mental health system and to build local capacity through trainings and the provision of mental health services primarily focusing on women and children affected by the conflict.
DWBT is a non-political, non-religious medical organisation and does not discriminate based on religion, race, political affiliation or sex.
1. TERMS OF REFERENCES
Location: Southern Provinces
Contract period: Long term with three month probation period
- Hierarchically under the supervision of Project Coordinator, and
- Functionally under the supervision of the Mental Health Activity Manager.1.2. Justification of the post1.3. Main objectives/responsibilities of the position:
- To help identify and follow up on patients who need home visits for a variety of reasons and to help with health promotion. Assist the Mental Health Activity Manager as well as the field Mental Health team understanding the cultural background of patients.
- Contribute to the quality and proper performance of psychosocial and medical activities within the DWBT project.2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Performing professional translation activities and delegated duties depending on supervisor’s tasks and instructions and according to DWBTs protocols, standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper representation and translation of DWBT activities and core values.
- Performing administrative tasks required by supervisor (arrangement of meetings, minute taking and following up for patient care), Providing necessary feedback to supervisor following discussions and negotiations and assisting with report writing (DWBT and other institutionally required reports)
- Ensuring that all meeting minutes are recorded and that documents are properly filed.
- Depending on the supervisor’s specialisation and the needs of the respective department, establishing and maintaining professional contacts with relevant authorities and communicating DWBT’s messages to official counterparts and authorities (specifically related to patient care);
- Ensuring that supervisor is aware of cultural nuances when dealing with authorities and counterparts to ensure a good working relationship.
- Educating supervisor on effective methods of culturally sensitive communication and informing international staff about local customs, tradition, etc. that will help in better communication and understanding of the context.
- Immediately informing supervisor of any problem that might be linked to individual behaviour (counterproductive and / or culturally insensitivity and declaring any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement).
- Upholding DWBT’s core principles, values, quality standards and Code of Conduct. Respecting D WBT’s identification materials and not abusing their use aside from their intended purposes.
- Observing security rules and regulations, NOT putting self and others in danger. Promoting and maintaining DWBT quality standards
Education: Higher Education (health degree would be an asset)
Professional training in translating
Languages: Excellent English and Thai as well as Melayu in writing and spoken.
Experience: Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in another company or NGOs
Experience in written and oral translations and performing administrative tasks
Skills: Proven communication and social skills (attentive listening, opened attitude, empathy,
respect, sensitivity, patience)
Organisation and team work skills
Initiative and creativity
Adjustment to changes capacity
Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team
Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet)
Personal attributes: Be flexible, open-minded, patient and humorous
Dynamic, creative, flexible, readiness to travel
Empathy and commitment in supporting target groups
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “Qualified Translator” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before the 15th December 2017.
Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Contact : 0892185762