Organization : Dreamlopments
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 30 Nov 2017
View : 1497
Deadline : 13 / December / 2017
Work location: Mae Sot, Tak province.
Application deadline: 10 December 2017.
Job start: 03 January 2018.
Competitive salary (based on background and experience).
Dreamlopments Ltd, registered in Thailand since 2015, is a social enterprise, a non-profit mission-driven company working on aid and development for underserved communities.
In July 2017, Dreamlopments launched in Tak province the Migrant Fund (M-FUND), a project of low-cost not-for-profit health insurance for migrants.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate nurse or public health/epidemiology specialist, to join the M-FUND team as a Medical Officer (MO), based in Mae Sot.
The MO will support the team Community Workers (CW) who are in direct daily contact with the M-FUND members, offering guidance on medical services needed and referrals to partner hospitals. He/she will follow information on medical care given to M-FUND members in the partner hospitals, assist the Project Manager (PM) and Project Officer (PO) in overseeing all medical claims, and ensure the quality of the medical information captured in the M-FUND application. He/she will assist the PM to develop partnerships and agreements with partner hospitals.
Reports to: The Project Manager and Dreamlopments’ General Director (GD).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To be the point of contact for the CW on all health-related questions and needs.
- Provide continuous coaching & technical support to the CW team.
- Actively promote and increase participation in the M-FUND, with the CW, through local events and Q&A (with the help of the PM and the CW).
- Provide information on the policies to members when needed (with the help of the CW).
- Guide referrals to partner hospitals.
- Visit patients receiving care in partner hospitals (notably inpatient care), and discuss patient management with physicians of the partner hospitals.
- Oversee the medical claims for the M-FUND members, with the PM.
- Actively contribute to the cost control of referrals to Thai hospitals, as well as monitoring the quality of care.
- Strengthen the data collection and reporting for the project health information system.
- Participate actively to the monitoring, assessment and analysis of the program, to provide relevant inputs for strategic planning (lead by the PM).
- Assist the PM in the development/strengthening of collaborations with partner hospitals, and other stakeholders (NGOs, international agencies).
- Assist the PM to prepare project monthly reports.
- Other tasks, as needed and as requested by the PM and/or the GD.
Ideally, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or Master in Public Health or Epidemiology.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the trained specialty.
- Experience in management of development/assistance programs for underserved communities a strong plus.
- Experience in managing or monitoring project budgets.
- Experience with electronic data management systems.
- Experience in analysis and synthesis of project data and indicators. Experience in developing project reports.
Skills and competencies:
- Fluent in Thai, with English working proficiency. Good command of Burmese and Karen a strong plus.
- Ability to effectively supervise and build capacity of team members.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural team environment.
- Positive attitude towards (health) micro-insurance schemes.
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools, and other (internet-based) applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic, highly motivated.
- Goal-driven, details and quality oriented.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, able to set priorities, as well as flexible.
- Able to work under strict timelines and pressure.
The position will be based in Mae Sot city, Tak Province, with frequent travel to the migrant communities in the districts of Mae Sot, Mae Ramat and Phop Phra. Occasional travel to Myawaddy.
How to Apply: A cover letter and most recent CV in English should be submitted to: email@example.com
Dreamlopments is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org