Director of Finance and Business Analysis, Asia region
To provide leadership across the region to ensure that Plan International, Inc.’s finances in Asia region is in adherence to external and internal financial standards and donor regulations, and that Regional Management and IH finance function are alerted to financial risks and opportunities in Asia, while also providing key strategic analysis on the business environment, with a key focus on implementation solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to RO and COs.
Dimensions of Role:
- Regional Finance management
Financial Planning, Financial and Business Analysis and Financial Grants Management Treasury
- Internal Financial Controls and Financial Risk Management
- Cost/benefit Analysis and guidance
- Relevant People management
- Assisting with the business case and cost effective way of running business
- Financial Planning and Monitoring
- Analyse organization requirements and provide input to RO management and International Head Quarter for improvement for Translating and simplifying requirements
Typical Responsibilities Regional Finance management:
- Plan, prepare and provide strategic financial analysis and advise to regional management
- Lead responsibility for financial risk management processes in the region.
Financial Planning, Financial Analysis and Financial Grants Management
- Provide strategic leadership to the regional business planning processes
- Provide strategic analysis of the regional finances and identify key risks and opportunities
- Support the regional management in communicating regional business plans to IH and disseminate approved business plans to countries.
- Prepare and review periodic regional financial reports
- Support regional management’s submission of timely and reliable financial information and analysis
- Coordinate budgeting and forecasting processes; providing ad hoc analyses in support of Operational Excellence and Corporate Strategy.
- Provide guidance on cash flow/ treasury management in region
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax legislation
Internal Financial Control and Financial Risk Management:
- Ensure appropriate financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to
- Follow up finance related audit actions from countries and RO
- Identify, assess and report on financial risks.
- Work with IH Finance to develop and implement policies and procedures that mitigate financial risks.
- Ensure that key financial risks are reported and incorporated into regional risk register and general risk management processes.
- Take a lead role in analyzing the industry environment, in order to advise management on the global market trends for resource mobilization, while also advising on, and targeting key opportunities
- Drive the function of cost effective way of delivering programmes and organization management in Asia, so that the region is high performing in ensuring continuing high level support from donors, partners, and other key stake holders.
- Develops and analyze cost benefit of the regions current business delivery strategy to ensure a strong performing return on investment. Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analysing data requirements
- Evaluating and analysing data, creating solutions, communicating with a variety of people
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
- Liaise with Finance and Business development leads throughout the region, and ensure there is coordinated approach and strategy in-terms of the mobilization of resources and financial management
- Work closely with senior management to ensure that the influencing approach of the region is in line with key funding opportunities and cost-effective way, while proactively identifying key risks
- Supervise the Finance Controller and other regional finance staff as required.
- Take a lead role in providing advice and guidance to RO and CO
Dealing with Problems:
- Have the ability to make sound and precise judgements under pressure by interpreting and analysing financial data and identifying both the long and short term implications for PI Inc. in the region.
- Communicate finance concepts and issues clearly to staff
- Envisage the operational implications of systems changes, learn and apply financial systems quickly to meet business requirements
- The post holder will be able to apply policies and procedures in order to enable operations to run effectively