Organization : Abt Associates/USAID Clean Power Asia
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 Nov 2017
View : 1612
Deadline : 22 / December / 2017
URGENTLY REQUIRED – APPLY BY DECEMBER 22
Program Officer - Operations
(Full Time Employee Position)
USAID Clean Power Asia Program, Bangkok
Abt Associates, a global leader in technical assistance, program implementation and international development, seeks qualified individuals to fulfill the position of Program Officer (operations) for the USAID Clean Power Asia program, reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party. This position is full-time, based in Bangkok, Thailand, and is open to Thai Nationals ONLY. No allowances or relocation will be paid. Previous experience in an operations/support role on a USAID funded program is required.
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to high performing, low carbon power sector. The Activity will assist the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and help establish effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low-emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously attracting public- and private-sector investment in Renewable Energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on the following resources: solar, wind, small hydro (
The program will initially focus on the four Lower Mekong countries of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam, and will include activities on the ASEAN regional level.
Overall Responsibilities of Program Officer
- The position provides core support to the UAID Clean Power Asia operations team, and may include additional support to the overall team (tech and operations) as required.
- Compose minutes of general staff and operations team meetings and share with team upon approval.
- Provide on-site support for program workshops/events, including registration, supporting facilitators, logistical arrangements for those individuals, and on-the-ground logistics lead or support on day of event.
- Support to the Finance and Administration Manager (F&A) with administrative, operational, and logistical aspects of the program including but not limited to preparing letters, office memos, documents for meetings and events.
- Support front office operations in cooperation with the F&A Manager, including answering phones, dealing with guests, and leasing with property management.
- Under the direction of the F&A Manager, compile the complete Program Vendor Guidebook, a written directory of all vendors the program has explored and/or used in all countries of operation, and work to ensure that vendor information, including rates where applicable, are continually updated and maintained.
- Ensure smooth office operations through timely procurement of supplies, office and equipment servicing, maintenance, etc.
- Support the work of the Communications Manager in gathering news and information related to RE and the program for distribution channels; develop drafts of updates for communications and outreach efforts; research and compile a roster of vendors that may be engaged by the program under communications work and when required, support the procurement process from beginning to end, including interaction with selected vendor.
- Utilize software to maintain the USAID Clean Power Asia master database containing contact information and background information on other donor and USG programs of relevance; all contacts/counterparts engaged by the program; and individuals and organizations that are part of various communications and outreach lists generated from the data.
- Organize office transportation and coordinate staff working hours and the master program schedule.
- Manage program assets ensuring the official Program NXP Inventory list is up to date; manage assets such as program camera, LCD, and program phones through proper use of the program log book for these items.
- Provide informal language translation on items such as receipts or invoices that must be explained in English for internal accounting procedures; provide written translation on an as needed basis, with the approval of the COP/DCOP; provide oral translation for COP/DCOP in formal meetings in Thailand on a limited basis.
- Support the Human Resources and recruitment function of the program to develop and post position openings for both staff and consultants, monitor all applicants for all staff positions and consultants and conduct an initial screening including summarizing qualifications of applicants; assist in assembling all required documents required for engaging new staff or consultants.
- Support the F&A Manager in any tasks or projects that may be developed or assigned. Such activities will vary greatly based on point of time in project lifecycle and evolving priorities.
- Liaise with vendors providing services to the program, including travel and logistic services, property management, printing, shipping/delivery, and IT support.
- Other duties to be determined in conjunction with the DCOP.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Thai national with authority to work in Thailand
- Minimum five years’ (5) experience in an operations/support positon on a USAID funded program.
- Proven skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, working independently with minimal supervision, ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-starter willing to take risks, be challenged and learn on the job; flexibility and ability to prioritize competing needs/deadlines; independent thinker.
- Language: Excellent oral and written English; Native Thai; other Southeast Asian languages beneficial but not required.
- Understanding of USAID/USG rules and regulations governing assistance programs (FAR/AIDAR).
- Previous experience in a multinational and/or multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer software skills in MS Excel and Word.
Interested candidates may express their interest by emailing email@example.com
Referencing “Program Officer OPS” in the subject line no later than close of business Tuesday, December 22.
To be considered, your email MUST INCLUDE the following information:
- A written expression of interest summarizing your qualifications for the scope of work and the earliest date you are available for work. Preference will be given to candidates with immediate availability.
- CV clearly indicating work/consulting history and either daily consulting rate or annual compensation for each consultancy/position, stated in currency of payment.
- Preference will be given to Thai nationals. If you are not a Thai national, your application may be discarded.
- US Federal Form 1420 (EBD) https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17
- Proof of Education/Degree attained (transcript or diploma)
- Proof of annual salary or daily consulting rate as stated in the EBD (acceptable forms include employment agreement, pay stubs, employer verification letter).
Due to the volume of anticipated applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be scheduled as warranted and may be conducted in person or via electronic means.
Abt Associates is doing business as Abt Associates Thailand, registered with the Thailand Department of Commerce. Abt Associates is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org