Organization : ECPAT International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 22 Nov 2017
View : 2236
Deadline : 14 / January / 2018
ECPAT International (ECPAT)
Position title: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ED)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: ECPAT International Board of Trustees
Reporting to this position: Directly: 5 staff, + senior advisors / Indirectly: 25+
Salary: Net Salary per year between USD 86k-100k plus international health insurance and some relocation and expatriate benefits
Total operating revenues: USD 4M per annum
ECPAT is a growing network of 97 civil society organisations in 88 countries with one common goal – to end the sexual exploitation of children around the world. The ECPAT International Secretariat, headed by the Executive Director, is based in Bangkok, Thailand, where the ECPAT movement was born.
Together with its members and partners, ECPAT coordinates evidence-based advocacy at all levels to strengthen national justice and protection systems and increase investment in the fight against sexual exploitation of children. This includes cutting-edge research to build the collective understanding of what it will take to end the sexual exploitation of children.
Governments and civil society organisations worldwide recognise ECPAT as a significant NGO stakeholder in the fight against sexual exploitation of children.
Since its establishment, ECPAT has won several high profile international awards, including the 2012 Asia Democracy and Human Rights Award and the 2013 Hilton Humanitarian Prize. ECPAT International also has Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC).
The Executive Director (ED) carries out the general management of the Secretariat and coordinates and supports the work of ECPAT International, influencing as a leader in the field of Child Rights and ensuring that ECPAT remains firmly in the public eye obtaining increasing levels of governmental and private support and funding for the organization’s work.
The Executive Director will further develop the network by strengthening relations and creating collaboration with officials of government, non-government and private sector organizations working on ending the sexual exploitation of children around the world and will provide senior management level leadership for the development, oversight and execution of a diversified and comprehensive development plan for advocacy, public education, organizational development, fundraising, and programme development that is appropriately aligned with the organization’s strategic plan and mission.
The Executive Director is accountable to the ECPAT International Board for the total performance, activities and conduct of the Secretariat. This includes the conduct of the Secretariat’s business, the fulfilment of its obligations and work programme including achievement of the Strategic Framework [2018-2021], overall strategy and performance goals as delegated by the Board
- Ensure the strategic goals of the International Assembly are translated into action
- Establish a strong working relationship and partnership with the Board of Trustees and members of ECPAT Network.
- In partnership with the Board of Trustees and membership, ensure that vision, mission, strategic objectives and priorities for ECPAT International are set, establishing as a leader in the field of Child Rights.
- To strive constantly to ensure that ECPAT network works in harmony in the development and implementation of its strategies, fostering good communications throughout the network and ensuring the understanding and regularly reviews of the strategic plan and priorities.
- To develop, foster and maintain good relationships with officials of government, non-government, private sector organizations and other key stakeholders and supporters. Assisting with coordination and targeted support to the Network.
- Collaboration with the diverse range of stakeholders involved in implementing the vision of ECPAT.
- Support the ECPAT international network achieve their mission
- Keep the Board and the Network informed of issues, trends, and other information that impacts on their work to protect children from sexual exploitation
- Ensure results that enhance protection of children.
- Build the profile of ECPAT International to ensure children from all over the globe are represented in our fight against the sexual exploitation of children.
- Serve as key spokesperson and advocate at an international level, representing the organization’s mission and interests.
- To be responsible for the management and administration of the ECPAT International Secretariat within the strategic and accountability frameworks laid down by the Board of Trustees.
- Lead, supervise, guide and support finance, human resources, administration, programmes, advocacy, fundraising, education and communications staff in ECPAT´s international Secretariat.
- Orientate, train, coach and mentor staff in carrying out their roles and responsibilities;
- Work to engender optimum enthusiasm and team spirit;
- Provide feedback, evaluate performance and resolve key issues with staff;
- Ensure success of programmed initiatives through regular staff reviews.
- Develop and lead the implementation and achievement of the secretariats strategic plans, goals, and budgets, and meet KPIs and benchmarks as agreed upon with the board.
- Lead development and strategic planning processes and ensure proper execution;
- Plan and approve budgets, monitor score cards; sign off on expenditures.
- Report to Board of Trustees on budget and revenue.
- Oversee the design, implementation and regular review of ongoing fundraising program to achieve increased funding for organizational sustaibality.
- Ensure fiscal robustness and sound financial management, cost effectiveness to ensure transparency, credibility and sustainability of the secretariat.
- The ECPAT International Chair and Board of Trustees
- ECPAT Network: national and affiliate groups, EICYAC, young people and children
- United Nations agencies
- Governments and inter-governmental agencies
- Major donors and key partners
- International non-government organisations
- The private sector
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Minimum 12 years progressive relevant professional work experience ideally in international non for profit management.
- Proven track record building and maintaining network organisations
- Proven track record in establishing and growing effective partnerships with a diverse pool of donors and partners.
- Professional involvement in advocating for childrens’ rights
- Experience developing relations with officials of government, non-government and private sector organizations.
- Significant experience managing diverse teams to execute well and continually innovate
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a service oriented environment requiring influencing, negotiating, analysis and building consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally, incluiding communicating with various forms of media.
- Demonstrated diplomacy in working with diverse cultures and audiences and sensitive situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain complex multilevel relationships, communicating and collaborating effectively with a range of stakeholders in a culturally competent manner.
- Genuine commitment to ECPAT’s mission and ability to effectively articulate the mission, strategic vision and values of the organization to a wide range of internal & external constituents;
- Proven ability to take initiative, lead and work effectively as part of an International Network team.
- An understanding of the subtleties and complexities of a global network that has emerged from a grass-roots movement into an important international child rights organization will be beneficial.
- Exposure and experience in the fight against the sexual exploitation of children and working with a governance board is preferred.
- Clear thinking, sound judgment, and the ability to make decisions within complex situations
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others with-in a dynamic environment
- Financial and business acumen
- Experience working at all levels of advocacy and education
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required, fluency in a second language utilized in the network will be an asset (preferred Spanish, French or Russian).
- Advanced University Degree in relevant field (i.e. International development, human rights/ child rights, social sciences or similar) or the equivalent in years of relevant experience.
ECPAT´s International Secretariat is based in Bangkok, Thailand with global work impact and network membership in 88 countries. The incumbent will be required to travel approximately 40-50% of the time to support ECPAT´s global work.
How to Apply
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “ECPAT Executive Director” in the email subject line. Also, please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is Sunday January 14th, 2018
Contact : email@example.com