Organization : Doctors Without Borders Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 22 Nov 2017
View : 1956
Deadline : 6 / December / 2017
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Doctors without Borders Thailand (DWBT) is a Thai company working to increase access to mental health in Thailand. DWBT is neutral, impartial and is solely medical in nature with no religious, political or human rights objectives.
DWBT is starting a project to primarily provide mental health services for victims of violence, including basic mental health and physiotherapy services and an appropriate system of referral where needed. The project is expected to be based in Pattani. DWBT will work to strengthen the existing mental health system and to build local capacity through trainings and the provision of mental health services primarily focusing on women and children affected by the conflict.
DWBT is a non-political, non-religious medical organisation and does not discriminate based on religion, race, political affiliation or sex.
1. TERMS OF REFERENCES
Contract period: Long term with 3 month probation period
- Hierarchically, under Project Coordinator and
- Functionally, under the supervision of Mental Health Activities Manager 1.2. Justification of the position
- 1.3. Main objectives/responsibilities of the position
- The position will be the staff manager of the clinical psychologists, the councillors (and the social workers), and will act as the overall technical liaison between the project and local stakeholders.
- Perform the mental health and psychosocial (MHPS) consultations with target groups
- Supervise the work of clinical psychologists, councillors and social workers
- Coordinate with the mental health team towards quality implementation of MHPS activities in the project
- The person is obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information about beneficiaries, personnel and the program
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Coordination with medical team: mental health awareness to improve detection of mental health symptoms and signs, discussion of difficult cases, referrals etc.
- Provide individual and/or group psychological counselling for population at risk (adults and children): support coping process of the population and mobilize their inner resources for processing traumatic experiences and finding new life perspective
- Visit beneficiaries at home in order to assess needs and follow up evolution when required.
- Refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary
- Provide on-going monitoring of beneficiaries’ status and maintain clinical files accurately
- Provide psycho-education or other psychosocial activities to the community, when required
- Assist and train Psychosocial Community Workers, counsellors and other staff members and resourceful people from the community
- Collect weekly statistical and monitoring data about sessions and counselling activities
- Make regular reports of work to the supervisor.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and regular supervision sessions
- Maintain at all times a respectful attitude towards population, patients, colleagues and other Professionals and staff
- Take the lead on developing the holistic package of care with regards to appropriate referral mechanisms to other services outside DWBT
- Act as DWBT focal point for research collaborations with local academic institutions
- Ensure that medical staff maintains impartiality, integrity and confidentiality as per DWBT standards. Education: University degree in clinical psychology Experience: Essential experience in clinical diagnosis and psychological counselling Comprehensive knowledge of the local context
- Research experience
- Languages: Fluency in Thai, Malay and excellent English in writing and spoken
- 3. REQUIREMENTS
- Skills: Proven communication and social skills (attentive listening, opened attitude,
- empathy, respect, sensitivity, patience)
- Established organisational and team work skills
- Initiative, flexibility, creativity and analysis capacity
- Adjustment to changes capacity
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Essential knowledge of different therapeutic techniques
- Academic experience
- Interest in helping vulnerable people
- Experience in developing capacity and awareness in mental health
Other: Dynamic, creative, flexible
Willingness and available to travel
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR - DWBT” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 6th December 2017. Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
Contact : 0892185762