Executive Assistant to the Field Office Director, Bangkok - Thai national only
Executive Assistant to the Field Office Director, Bangkok - Thai National
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office (FO) in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities in eliminating labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Field Office Director to support and enhance operations at the Bangkok office. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Field Office Director (FOD) to provide administrative support and assist the Field Office Director in day-to-day operations. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. The position reports to the Bangkok Field Office Director.
Meetings and Time Management
- Work closely with the FOD to coordinate and manage communications and scheduling between the FOD’s office, departments, Thailand field office teams, and other IJM offices, including IJM Headquarters;
- Meet with the FOD to discuss the week, manage weekly schedule, and discuss approaching projects and tasks;
- Assist and prepare the FOD for meetings with individuals and stakeholders outside IJM: create a meeting agenda, brief on IJM’s history with the person or organization, research background information on the person or organization;
- Attend meetings with the FOD and take minutes. Record tasks and assignments defined during the meeting and the person responsible for completing them;
- Circulate minutes, tasks and assignments to meeting participants and its corresponding due dates; and
- Track deadlines on key projects and action items for the FOD and follow up with collaborators, as necessary.
- Monitor and prioritize the FOD’s email, draft replies and maintain communication when the FOD’s personal reply is not necessary;
- Complete the FOD’s administrative documentation, including credit card reports, expense reports, and time sheets;
- Organize and manage the FOD’s travel arrangements, including flight and hotel accommodations, following IJM’s Procurement Process;
- Assist the FOD in preparing presentations for internal and external audiences;
- Assist the FOD in writing, editing, and submitting internal and external reports;
- Serve as the Point of Contact for requests from IJM Headquarters about hosting visitors, external trainings, and staff retreats, and work with the Administration team on all logistics involving the visits; and
- Provide information and logistical assistance in person and on call on a variety of matters.
Interpersonal and Analytical Skills
- Review documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable policies;
- Oversee the office’s data integrity and ensure departments are accurately reporting office information within the reporting systems;
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, files, and casework materials;
- Organize and file hard-copy documents;
- Be able to prioritize given tasks as well as the FOD’s tasks;
- Handle confidentiality; and
- Be an excellent team player.
- Assist in the overall organizational development;
- Assist the Field Office Director in administrative tasks, as required; and
- Participate and support the advocacy and intervention teams as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum one year experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment; two to three years experience strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years working in team environments, with demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Thai required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Superior ability to manage large number of tasks simultaneously and proven ability to consistently meet deadlines with excellence.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission.
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org