Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 20 Nov 2017
View : 1573
Deadline : 26 / March / 2018
Interpreter & Caseworker (Thai-Myanmar Language), Bangkok
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM will establish a new field office in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services and the judiciary to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a Thai-Myanmar language Interpreter & Caseworker for its Bangkok office. The Interpreter & Caseworker will provide Thai-Myanmar language spoken interpretation and written translation services for IJM staff, government and non-government partners and labor trafficking survivor clients in support of IJM casework objectives. Under the direction of IJM’s Bangkok Director of Aftercare, the Interpreter & Caseworker will also support IJM Social Workers in providing crisis care and aftercare services to clients and monitoring and following up on their case. The Interpreter & Caseworker will interact directly with clients inside and outside of Thai courts and government shelters for victims of human trafficking. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and will require travel in Thailand. This position reports to the Bangkok Director of Aftercare (DOA).
- Translate written texts and documents from Thai to Myanmar language and vice versa.
- Proofread and edit translated versions to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the translations of the legal and technical terms and terminology.
- Interpret during meetings and/or court proceedings, providing clear and accurate interpretation, with no additions or omissions.
- Maintain confidentiality and interact with clients as well as government and non-government partners in a professional manner.
- Understand terminology in the following areas: Social Services, Legal/Law, Police / Law Enforcement, Human Trafficking, Court / Judicial System.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Participate in rescue operations and assist with pre-rescue, rescue and post-rescue processes.
- Support the provision of IJM programs and aftercare services.
- Accompany clients to court proceedings, medical visits, temporary and/or permanent shelter placements or other necessary locations.
- Assist in following up with clients by visiting them in Thai government shelters or other locations.
- Assist in providing or facilitating crisis care, legal counseling, medical care, shelter services and education or life skills training to rescued victims.
- Assist the assigned lawyer in designing appropriate intervention strategies to achieve justice for clients in cases assigned.
- Engage, prepare and support clients for testifying in court in collaboration with aftercare partners and the IJM Bangkok legal and law enforcement development departments.
- Coordinate with IJM Social Workers and aftercare partners to ensure the well-being and restoration of clients, including monitoring victim care, visiting clients, and assisting with emergencies.
- Assist in maintaining accurate case files and documents for clients.
- Assist in maintaining and updating IJM’s case management system database for assigned cases.
- Network with various government and non-governmental organization personnel to promote effective intervention and healing for clients.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or significant relevant work experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written Thai and Myanmar language.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English strongly preferred.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Outlook), email and other related applications preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic and multi-disciplinary team;
- High attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under pressure;
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Personable with a sustained positive attitude;
- Willingness and ability to travel within Thailand;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the poor and the oppressed.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission.
- Interested person please download IJM application form via this link http://bit.ly/2hyjWZX
- Submit it with your CV to BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- Only completed applications (IJM Job Application Form and CV) will be reviewed.
- For further information,
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org/Tel:02-937-0512