Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 20 Nov 2017
View : 1184
Deadline : 30 / November / 2017
Director of Aftercare, Bangkok - Thai National
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office (FO) in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities in eliminating labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a Director of Aftercare who shall be responsible for establishing and directing all strategies and activities of IJM Bangkok Aftercare response to forced labor and trafficking in the Thai fishing and seafood industries. The individual shall build and lead a high quality team in partnership with government and non-government agencies to ensure that victims are rescued and perpetrators are prosecuted under the laws of Thailand. The Director of Aftercare will also lead strategies and activities targeted at reducing the prevalence of forced labor and labor trafficking through sustainable improvements in the performance of local law enforcement and psychosocial services for victims. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. This position reports to the Bangkok Field Office Director.
Develop National Leaders
- Recruit, train and lead a highly effective, resilient and cohesive Aftercare team consisting of IJM aftercare staff, interns and volunteers;
- Provide leadership that ensures that the IJM Bangkok office provides and models a highly effective, multi-disciplinary and collaborative response to the target abuse;
- Develop, monitor and evaluate concrete performance and leadership development objectives for IJM staff; and
- Provide regular feedback and evaluation to IJM staff regarding their performance and leadership development.
Achieve Collaborative Casework Objectives
- Lead and manage IJM-assisted casework interventions to ensure that victims are rescued and restored and that perpetrators are held accountable under law;
- Provide immediate assessments, crisis care and advocacy for victims coming out of forced labor trafficking and ensure all victims receive legally mandated government protections;
- Design, implement, monitor and evaluate strategies and best practices for effective IJM-assisted restoration of victims;
- Educate, train and equip government and non-government partners in the effective aftercare and restoration of victims;
- Build relationships of mutual trust and benefit with key government and non-government actors to ensure holistic restoration services for IJM clients consistent with the law and best practices;
- Actively participate in national and local coalitions of aftercare stakeholders and engage directly with aftercare partners in order to continually improve services provided to victims of forced labor and trafficking in the fishing and seafood industry;
- Act as a professional resource to improve the capacity of aftercare and community development partners by: conducting needed trainings or seminars, providing research and good-practice models, acting as a liaison between community workers and law enforcement and empowering churches and community development workers to engage in prevention efforts and provide lay care to survivors in high-risk communities; and
- Design and implement rigorous systems for effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of IJM Bangkok’s collaborative casework activities and programming.
Management and Stewardship of IJM Resources
- Contribute to the development of the office’s strategic plans and budgets;
- Ensure spending of allocated funds in accordance with IJM’s budgetary and stewardship principles;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies and best practices;
- Develop and implement context-specific strategies and tactics consistent with IJM policies, protocols and best practices;
- Continually increase the Aftercare Department’s effectiveness, efficiency, and organization by developing, maintaining, and updating all operating protocols, case management tracking and reporting systems, intervention strategies, and manuals
- Maintain detailed client tracking systems and records of all aftercare activities
- Generate timely, high quality written and verbal communications regarding the aftercare program to the Field Office Director and other IJM colleagues in the field and at headquarters;
- Ensure full compliance with the IJM Global Aftercare Policy and all relevant Minimum Standards of Care.
- Such other duties and tasks as shall be assigned by the FOD.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited university.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in direct practice, program development and implementation, and casework management.
- Minimum of three years’ experience successfully leading a team of aftercare staff, contractors and volunteers in collaboration with counterparts in the public justice system to contribute high levels of rescue and restoration of victims of violence and exploitation and to criminal justice accountability for perpetrators.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a successfully leveraging collaborative casework and other justice system transformation strategies to improve the performance of the public justice system’s response to trafficking and forced labor against migrant workers.
- Minimum of two years’ experience delivering trauma-focused counseling and related services.
- Minimum of three years of successful management/team building experience.
- Superior judgment and problem solving in a complex environment.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans with effective monitoring, evaluation and project management.
- Fluency and professionalism in oral and written communication in English and Thai.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the poor and the oppressed.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission.
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org