Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 17 Nov 2017
View : 2048
Deadline : 30 / November / 2017
Public Engagement Manager - Thai National
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia. IJM is headquartered in Washington, DC.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through its Chiang Mai Field Office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on Thai citizenship cases for hill tribe groups and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office in Bangkok that provides support to Thai authorities to eliminate forced labor trafficking from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, social workers, fieldworkers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services and the judiciary to identify and prosecute labor trafficking crimes and restore survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a Public Engagement Manager to build partnerships and collaborations for its Bangkok FO that will strengthen the public systems of justice that protect vulnerable communities from violence. We are looking for a strong leader who is passionate about the IJM mission and willing to bring his or her skills in building programs and collaborations in the social development sector with diverse stakeholders. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand and the region. The position reports to the Bangkok Field Office Director.
Mobilize Stakeholders to Fight Forced Labor Trafficking
- Develop strategic plans for engaging with relevant government and civil society stakeholders to cultivate stakeholder’s interest, buy-in for program goals, and collaboration;
- Maintain relationships with selected government departments and officials to strengthen justice system implementation in forced labor trafficking cases;
- Build strong relationships with key influential civil society organizations, corporate groups, and other potential partners identified;
- Lead activities to generate civil society advocacy for the justice system to reduce forced labor trafficking;
- Provide support and coordination to civil society groups as they engage in casework and advocacy activities on forced labor trafficking cases and issues;
- Develop and identify a range of accessible follow-up strategies for civil society groups including volunteering, advocacy outreach, and other related activities;
- Oversee strategy and execution of community partnership projects for economic sustenance of survivors through mobilizing and networking with corporations, foundations, civil society organizations and other related groups;
- Work together with other IJM teams to develop capacity building strategies, plans and supporting materials as necessary for various government and other audiences;
- Identify key platforms for promoting stakeholder engagement with the program;
- Represent IJM in stakeholder meetings, conversations, roundtables, industry groups, business sectors, civil society organizations etc. and work as a bridge builder and collaborator with NGOs, academics, corporates, educational institutions and public at large;
- Speak effectively, intelligently, credibly, and passionately about IJM’s theory of change, and the importance of engaging in the fight against forced labor trafficking to a wide variety of constituencies;
Lead and Manage an Effective Public Engagement Team
- Lead, train, supervise, manage, and mentor all Public Engagement (PE) team members, including Communications and Media Specialist, Community Engagement Coordinator, and Public Engagement Assistant;
- Consistently model IJM’s values, mission and vision to the PE team;
- Understand IJM’s and the Bangkok FO’s critical objectives and set a vision for the PE team; inspire and motivate the team to collaborate around that vision;
- Develop leadership and professional potential of team members, including delegating responsibility and management, regular constructive feedback and performance evaluation;
- Participate in hiring, promotion and employee discipline decisions, and provide the team members clearly defined job descriptions and performance goals in collaboration with HR;
- Guide the team to ensuring strategic external engagements that lead directly to project outcomes;
- Ensure systems for feedback, mutual support, accountability, identifying training and development needs in the team;
- Increase the team’s effectiveness, efficiency, and organization by developing, maintaining, and updating processes and systems;
- Ensure the team members comply with all IJM policies, protocols, and directives;
- Ensure thorough documentation and timely reports as required, in collaboration with the Program Manager and the office’s M&E plan, regarding PE team progress towards targets, all activities, and all strategic relationships;
- Develop and manage the team budget, ensuring funds are spent according to IJM’s budgetary and stewardship principles and approved limits;
- Participate in periodic reviews with the Program Manager, and quarterly reviews with the broader team, to identify achievements, lessons learned, areas of improvement;
- Refine and adapt approaches in program implementation if required in response to feedback, research and insights;
- Participate in the leadership team of the office;
- Interact and closely coordinate with other FO teams in the development and execution of PE team strategies;
- Provide direct and indirect support to the objectives of other FO teams;
- Regularly collaborate and interact with colleagues in other SE Asia FOs and with the global team;
- Perform other necessary assignments as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s level university degree in relevant field
- At least 3 years in a management/supervisory capacity
- At least 5 years of experience in project development and implementation with grassroots, community based groups in Thailand
- Proven ability to implement multi-faceted community programmes and to work well at an inter-personal level with stakeholders
- Established experience in networking with stakeholders across the spectrum of community
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in spoken and written English and Thai.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills, superior attention to detail, exceptional follow-through and accountability for results.
- Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures; proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to exercise sound judgment, take initiative and produce results.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international-standard, professional working style and business culture, in addition to ability to work effectively in Thai and other Southeast Asian working styles and business cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ability to establish and maintain and foster good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working environment.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission, vision and values.
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org