Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 17 Nov 2017
View : 1945
Deadline : 30 / November / 2017
Finance Assistant, Bangkok - Thai National
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so that they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social worker and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple office in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office (FO) in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities in eliminating labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a talented Finance Assistant to help support the finance activities of its Field Office in Bangkok. We are looking for someone who is passionate for the IJM mission and who is very interested about using his/her skills in the areas of finance planning and administration. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and reports to the Finance Manager of IJM Bangkok Office.
- Manage the FO Petty Cash Fund and Cash In Bank account.
- Disburse petty cash based on approved PRFs in a timely manner.
- Process payment requests on a timely basis, including making cash payments, issuing checks and online payment and ensure that recurring FO expenses such as rent, utilities, and communications are paid on a timely basis.
- Monitor cash advances and ensure that cash advance settlements are submitted on a timely basis and supported by approved Cash Reports.
- Prepare / initiate monthly wire request.
- Review all finance forms (Payment Request Form, Cash Report and Timesheets) for validity, accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare journal entries for other financial transactions like monthly wire, bank charges, adjustments related to accruals/prepayments, and correction of errors.
- Review entries to Quickbooks for accuracy and completeness.
- Back-up Bookkeeper on Quickbooks when absence.
- Drafting financial reports to the Thai Government.
- Participate as observer with Administrative Team in assistance conducting physical inventory of assets.
- Effectively monitor employee cash advances to ensure that:
- Each staff settles his/her cash advance at least once a month; and
- Each staff settles his/her cash advance before making a new cash advance.
- Assist Finance Manager in compiling the monthly finance packet as follows:
- Make scan of financial documents and reports and upload at share point and Finance folder and
- Ensure the EA is follow up on RD approval for FOD expenses.
- Assist the Finance Manager in training, enforcing finance standards, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ensure effective management of finance files/records.
- Perform other related duties as required and necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- At least 2 year experience in accounting
- Fluent in written and spoken English, including accounting/business terminology
- Experience with electronic financial systems
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus, not required
- Experience working for a non-governmental agency a plus, not required
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostle’s Creed
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity
- Meticulous attention to details
- Intelligent listener and good interpersonal communicator
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org