Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 17 Nov 2017
View : 1732
Deadline : 26 / March / 2018
Communications and Media Specialist - Thai National only
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals with 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia. IJM is headquartered in Washington, DC.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through its Chiang Mai Field Office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on Thai citizenship cases for hill tribe groups and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking a communications and media specialist to lead in the development and distribution of compelling stories and key messages to increase understanding of modern slavery and IJM’s theory of change and brand. We are looking for a talented public relations professional with strong storytelling abilities who is passionate about IJM’s mission. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and will require some travel within Thailand and occasion travel in the region. The position reports to the Public Engagement Manager.
Brand Positioning, Media Relations and Messaging:
- In consultation with FO leadership and IJM global communications staff, develop and execute a contextualized communications and media relations strategy including: a media network (both English and Thai), messaging and spokesperson development;
- Work with FO leaders to develop and maintain IJM’s profile and brand in Thailand across traditional and digital media platforms that support development of key external relationships and program success;
- Develop messaging guidelines that are clear, concise, honest, and consistent with IJM’s global communication strategy and guidelines;
- Develop media relations policies and internal processes;
- Facilitate orientation and training for staff on communications and media guidelines, messaging, and interview and speaking techniques;
- Liaise with internal subject matter experts to identify story ideas and position experts as spokespersons;
- Seek out and facilitates opportunities for IJM speakers to share key messages in strategic forums.
- Establish and develop relationships with Government PROs, journalists, and other strategic public contacts;
- Serve as day to day media contact for the Bangkok FO for Thailand media and for international media as assigned, responding to media inquiries quickly and effectively;
- Ensure that IJM’s Global social media accounts, fact sheets and other public resources reflect sensitivity to Thai context and content accuracy about IJM’s work in Thailand;
- Actively monitor, compile and analyze news related to human trafficking, migration and other related topics from print, broadcast and digital media (websites and social media);
- Serve as a spokesperson for IJM to varied audiences;
- Support crisis preparation planning and response;
- Manage the production of compelling story packages (narratives and images) that can be shared on IJM’s website and social media platforms;
- Develop story resources for public and internal uses by IJM Bangkok and Global Communications team;
- Develop compelling commentaries, press statements, op-ed articles, news features and other communication materials;
- Ensure spokespersons have access to adequate visual support for storytelling on global and/or local content databases;
- Support preparation of reports on IJM’s programs that build understanding of the impacts and importance of the work;
- Serve as editor for external communications from the FO, reviewing research briefs and articles, presentations and other communications materials;
- Create, review and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information; and
- Perform other necessary assignments as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field;
- 3-5 years of professional experience in news and feature story writing, internal messaging development, and editing;
- Experience coordinating or managing communications or storytelling projects;
- Exceptional ability in writing, storytelling and copyediting;
- Experience working and networking with the media
- Photography and video clip shooting skills
- Good grasp of digital media – news site, websites, blogs, FB, Instagram and twitter
- Portfolio of excellent published work that demonstrates expertise, creativity and ability to fit varying audiences;
- Ability to think conceptually and execute tactically across social media account, digital products, print materials and email campaigns;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Exceptional follow-through and accountability for results.
- Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures; proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to exercise sound judgment, take initiative and produce results.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international-standard, professional working style and business culture, in addition to ability to work effectively in Thai and other Southeast Asian working styles and business cultures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ability to establish and maintain and foster good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working environment.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission, vision and values.
- Interested person please download IJM application form via this link http://bit.ly/2hyjWZX
- Submit it with your CV to BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- Only completed applications (IJM Job Application Form and CV) will be reviewed.
- For further information,
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org/Tel:02-937-0512