Organization : INTERNATIONAL PLANNED PARENTHOOD FEDERATION (IPPF)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 15 Nov 2017
View : 542
Deadline : 30 / November / 2017
Job Title: Senior/technical Advisor- Integrated Service Delivery (Ref: SARO-01)
Supervisor: Director Programmes Technical and Organisational Learning and Evaluation (OLE)
Division: Programmes Technical and Organisational Learning and Evaluation (OLE)
Term of contract: Fixed term contract (One-year contract from 1st January 2018) Contract period can be extended.
Location: any country of residence of the selected candidates in the South Asia Countries including Thailand
International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
Join us to defend the sexual and reproductive health rights of all people
The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is a leading global service provider and advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights for all. A federation of 152 Member Associations, IPPF works in 172 countries and maintains more than 45,000 service delivery points worldwide. IPPF aims to ensure that all people are free to make choices about their sexuality and well-being, in a world free of discrimination.
1. BROAD OBJECTIVE
- To enable rolling out of a robust and transparent data management system that facilitates evidence-based decision-making both at the Member Association and the Regional level by operationalizing and further strengthening IPPF’s monitoring and evaluation strategy in the South Asia Region (SAR)
- To provide overall coordination to ensure successful and timely implementation of all activities related to improving monitoring and evaluation systems across SAR.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
- To lead the operationalising of IPPF’s Integrated Package of essential Services (IPES) in SAR and support SAR MAs in its implementation.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring performance of services/assistance under the abortion portfolio, in terms of: Delivery of programmes/services; Deployment and utilisation of resources; Development of people; Deployment and stabilisation of systems and processes; Reach; Quality; Cost and Time.
- To be the focal point on Integrated Service Delivery in the Region when engaging with Central Office (CO) London, SAR MAs and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to IPPF’s emerging agenda on SRH including abortion, HIV related issues by:
- Developing and disseminating guidelines, policies, standards and technical tools to contribute to universal access on safe abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services and improve Quality of Care (QoC) among MA service delivery points
- Contribute to abortion related advocacy efforts in the region and support SAR MA’s in undertaking abortion related advocacy to expand service provision in the region
- Ensuring progress of MAs on the performance based indicators on Abortion and QoC in SAR
- Providing technical support to SAR MAs on developing and implementing the Integrated Service Delivery section of Annual Programme Budgets (APBs)
- Representing SARO in various coalitions, conferences and events
- Providing technical support to SARO and MAs for developing concept notes and proposals for securing funding for work on issues related to SRH issues including abortion and HIV and AID
- Providing necessary technical inputs during accreditation review of MAs.
- Contribute to providing technical assistance to MAs in strengthening a quality assurance system to provide services in accordance with IPPF’s QoC principles.
5. To provide feedback periodically to the Management Group at SARO and any other relevant body/agency.
6. To build and maintain positive working relations with all members of staff and contacts both within and outside the Federation.
7. To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
a) staff responsibilities carried out by the job holder. As assigned for supervision (staff and/or consultants)
b) financial responsibilities carried out by the job holder. Responsible for the SARO yearly Integrated Service Delivery budget and expenditure
c) advisory responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
- Train and advise SAR MAs, Regional Director, Directors and Senior/Technical advisors and volunteers on technical issues relating to Integrated Service Delivery.
- Train and advice SARO and SAR MA staff on all clinical issues related to different thematic areas of SRH
4. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS Describe the likely educational/training background of the job holder.
Medical technical education (MBBS), preferably with post-graduate qualification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology / Public Health / Social Medicine / equivalent
5. PROVEN ABILITY Describe the minimum level of professional experience required to do the job
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in designing, managing, implementing and monitoring of SRH programmes with specific focus on abortion, family planning, safe motherhood, HIV and AIDS in developing countries.
- Excellent understanding of the associated technical and political issues related to abortion and SRH issues.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing QoC in resource limited settings, preferably in the South Asia Region
- Experience in monitoring SRH programmes and quality of care in clinics and outreach settings, especially related to safe abortion and HIV and AIDS.
- Experience in training health providers on SRH issues.
- Experience of managing multi-site projects and working with multiple partners.
- Strong financial management skills with experience in budget tracking and management of annual budgets.
Detail the skills needed to do the job, including languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse groups.
- Well-developed facilitation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project development, implementation and monitoring skills.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in other language(s) spoken in the South Asia Region would be desirable.
- Good IT skills – ability to use MS Office and any statistical package. Database skills desirable.
7. PERSONAL COMPETENCE
Describe the characteristics of effective job performance, e.g. sound judgement, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Rights-based, gender-sensitive and pro-choice perspective
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural environment in which IPPF operates
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally – approximately 65-70 travel days a year
- Supportive of a woman’s right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services.
You must be able to build relationships and to work collaboratively and effectively in cross-cultural settings, and with a wide variety of organisations.
You are supportive women’s right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services. This is an occupational requirement of this post.
Please submit your CV and covering letter (in English) demonstrating your suitability for this post to: Ataur Rahman Director, Programme (Technical) & OLE at firstname.lastname@example.org with state the job title and reference number in the subject header of your email. We will contact only the candidates that we have shortlisted.
Closing date: 30 November 2017
Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates openly living with HIV. IPPF is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
Contact : Director, Programme (Technical) & OLE at email@example.com