Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 14 Nov 2017
View : 1989
Deadline : 6 / December / 2017
JOB TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation , Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Senior Management Team
LOCATION: Bangkok, with approximately 50% field travel, including to Refugee Camps and the Deep South
POST TYPE: National
To take the lead in developing and managing a Monitoring , Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system for the SCI Thailand Program Office. The MEAL Coordinator will guide the Thailand Program Team in designing and implementing a MEAL system that measures and demonstrate our strategic impact; helps us be accountable to ourselves, children, donors and partners; increases clarity of M&E responsibilities and access to information; ensures and increase the quality of our work; and supports a pragmatic approach.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Thailand Program Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: MEAL Officers based in the field (not yet hired).
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To develop overall MEAL framework for Thailand Program Office;
- To work with proposal writing teams to design logframes, and ensure that input, output and outcome level results are logically linked to create desired impact
- To review process and performance indicators of project proposals and ensure these indicators are SMART, facilitate donor reporting, and include SCI Global Indicators wherever appropriate
- To include MEAL commitments in all proposals, budget MEAL activities and budget MEAL human resources to build and implement an effective MEAL system
- To work with program teams to develop tools and MEAL plans for each project, and implement these plan
- To play a key role in development of the Thailand Program Strategic Plan
- To develop evaluation TORs with program teams and lead in the hiring of evaluation consultants
- To work with humanitarian teams to implement rapid needs assessments following the onset of disasters
- To support Implementing Partners in designing and improving their own MEAL systems, and provide technical capacity building to Partners where required
- To facilitate the Thailand Program Team and Implementing Partners in developing Minimum Standards and Standard Processes for key program interventions to strengthen Compliance and Quality aspects of programs
- To develop standard format/s for monitoring reports which essentially includes reporting on Minimum Standards and Standard Processes, beneficiaries’/communities’ feedback and Action Plans (to be agreed after debrief session with relevant program and partner staff)
- To regularly share monitoring reports with all relevant team members, i.e. the Thailand Senior Management Team and Project Coordinators, directors of partner organizations, MEAL staff in partner organizations and relevant project focal persons in partner organizations to facilitate them for informed decision making
- To support implementing partners and SCI staff in regularly keeping track of actions agreed in monitoring reports, using Action Plan Trackers when appropriate
- To document key lessons learnt out of monitoring and evaluation reports, and facilitate discussions with both partner and Thailand program staff to promoting a learning culture.
- To develop and scale up Accountability to Beneficiaries mechanisms which facilitate beneficiaries/communities to register timely complaints and provide feedback on SCI interventions.
- To consolidate Complaint Databases, provide a brief analysis of complaints and convert that into Learning for program improvement; also work with Implementing Partners to develop their own Complaints and Monitoring Systems.
- To hire, manage, and technically backstop MEAL Officers in managing, performing and prioritizing MEAL tasks.
- Any other tasks given by line manager
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, partners, colleagues and Government officials
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience, preferably with INGOs
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent English writing and documentation skills
- Expertise in databases, MS Office and other analysis software such as SPSS preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and visit all field locations
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up 20,000 THB/year, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, Link to 2 most recent publications or soft copies can be attached, and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for submissions: 6 December 2017
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Monitoring, Evaluation , Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : email@example.com