Organization : International Justice Mission (IJM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 14 Nov 2017
View : 1965
Deadline : 30 / November / 2017
Senior Social Worker, Bangkok (Thai National)
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM established a new field office in Bangkok that will provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM is seeking an experienced, Senior Social Worker (Thai National) for its Bangkok Field Office. The Senior Social Worker will provide and/or facilitate aftercare services for shelter-based and community-based clients, and support the Director of Aftercare in the process of rehabilitation of labor trafficking victims. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and will require travel in Thailand. This position reports to the Bangkok Director of Aftercare (DOA).
- Assist in leadership and management of IJM-assisted casework interventions to ensure that men, women and children labor trafficking victims are rescued and restored;
- Provide immediate assessments, crisis care and advocacy for victims coming out of forced labor trafficking and ensure all victims receive legally mandated government protections;
- Build relationships of mutual trust and benefit with key government and non-government actors to ensure holistic restoration services for IJM clients consistent with the law and best practices;
- Manage a caseload of clients, providing crisis intervention and case management services for assisted individuals, and monitor regular follow up and detailed documentation on rehabilitation and restoration progress, ensuring that progress of rescued victims is documented and accurately tracked;
- Assist in providing or facilitating crisis care, legal counseling, language interpretation, medical care, shelter services and education or life skills training to rescued victims;
- Ensure that assisted individuals are referred to high-quality aftercare services based on individually assessed needs and in accordance with the IJM Minimum Standards of Care;
- Engage, prepare and support clients for testifying in court in partnership with aftercare partners and the IJM Bangkok legal and law enforcement development departments;
- Accompany clients to court proceedings;
- Coordinate with aftercare partners to ensure the well-being and restoration of clients, including monitoring victim care, providing referrals for special services, visiting clients, and assisting with emergencies;
- In collaboration with the DOA, develop and maintain strategic and mutually supportive partnerships with government and non-government aftercare providers, and provide input to the DOA on strengths and gaps in aftercare services;
- In collaboration with the DOA, develop and implement cooperation strategies with partners in the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS);
- Demonstrate the competency in utilizing IJM’s Case Tracking Management System (CTMS);
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited university; Master’s degree preferred;
- Possess license in Social Work from the government of Thailand
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience providing direct services to victims of abuse;
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience in case management;
- Minimum one years’ experience providing trauma-focused counseling and/or related services;
- Fluency and professionalism in oral and written communication in English and Thai;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Excel and Outlook) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic and multi-disciplinary team;
- High attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under pressure;
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity;
- Personable with a sustained positive attitude;
- Willingness and ability to travel within Thailand;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the poor and the oppressed.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM mission.
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org