Organization : Baan Dek Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 13 Nov 2017
View : 1839
Deadline : 30 / November / 2017
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Software Development Officer – Chiang Mai, Thailand or remote
Baan Dek Foundation is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious, organization that supports about 1000 migrant children in need and their families in the construction sites and slums of Chiang Mai Province (Northern Thailand). Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects vulnerable children, allows families to become self-sustainable and provides children with opportunities for a better future.
The Foundation is officially registered according to Thai Law and is supported by four independent entities: Kids Home France, Kids Home Italia, Kids Home UK and Kids Home America, which are all recognized as charitable associations in their respective countries, and they fundraise and raise awareness for the Baan Dek Foundation’s work in Thailand.
Baan Dek Foundation is working in partnership with UNICEF Thailand and has won the MIT Solve Challenge in 2017. You can find further information about Baan Dek Foundation’s projects at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for a volunteer as Software Development Officer. The objective of the mission is to develop and expand an existing web application that allows vulnerable children to access key knowledge (“life skills”). This project makes it possible to scale up support to underserved communities.
More specifically, it includes the following:
- Qualifications: IT studies and/or confirmed skills / interest.
- Previous professional experience in software development is a strong requirement.
- Experience with children is considered an asset.
- Personal characteristics: Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in IT and social work.
- Languages: Proficiency in written and oral English. Thai/Burmese/Cambodian/French considered an asset.
- Other skills: Ability to drive a motorbike (if based in Chiang Mai).
- Duration of contract: 7 months (starting as soon as possible), possibility of extension.
- Position status: Consultancy or employment contract.
- Compensation: 30,000 THB monthly (900 USD) monthly.
Benefits: Food, motorbike, legal documentation facilitation (if based in Chiang Mai).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit and in line with the local needs. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection Policy.
Applications (CV/cover letter/2 phone numbers of professional references) to be sent by email to Julien Strens, email@example.com by 30/11/2017.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org