Organization : Malteser International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 Nov 2017
View : 1966
Deadline : 22 / November / 2017
Vacancy Announcement – (Thai and Burmese National Only)
Malteser International is a German non-governmental organization providing humanitarian assistance and development aid for people in need in over 20 countries. Malteser International is currently working with temporary refugee shelters and surrounding villages in Sob-Moei district, Mae Hong Son province in Thailand. With funding provided by the European Union for the project “Health and WASH services, Return preparedness and Capacity Strengthening for Refugees in the Thai –Myanmar Border Temporary Shelters”, our office located in Mae Sariang, is looking for efficient, motivated and experienced individuals for the position as Clinical Supervisor.
Clinical Supervisor (1 position)
Duty Station: Mae Sariang town, Mae Hong Son province
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Work locations: Mae Sariang, Sob Moei District (Mae La Ma Luang and Mae La Oon Temporary shelters)
- Spend at least 70 percent of the time in refugee camps to supervise and monitor medics and nurses to ensure quality curative health care services as well as chronic and TB clinical services
- Facilitate, validate, and verify diagnosis made for referrals to Thai hospitals, including follow up of referral processes in close coordination with Malteser Intenational Staffs, referral team, and management.
- Review and validate weekly Outbreak Alert Form (OAF) and HIS reports before submission to ensure accurate clinical statistics and disease situation in the refugee camps.
- Prepare monthly report and activity plan ensuring qualitative aspect of the job such as on job training, daily performance monitoring, and new and refresher training and submit work plan before the end of month to Curative Health Care Coordinator
- Conduct bi-annual (6 monthly) technical evaluation for camp Medics and Nurses.
- Assist logistic team and HIS/Pharmacy Supervisor on a technical level in the process to procure appropriate medical equipment, medicines and medical consumables.
- Medical Doctor degree with proven registration in home country
- 2-3 year experience attending and treating patients in a clinic or hospital setting, preferably with clinical experience in rural settings/ health facility
- Experience in supervisory position in a humanitarian setting
- Previous experience in Thai-Myanmar refugee shelters considered an advantage.
- Specialization in any of the fields of: pediatrics, OB/Gyn, or infectious diseases considered an advantage
- Proven teaching, training, and supervising skills
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English and Burmese.
- Good command of Sgaw Karen languages is considered an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill, known as a good team player.
Possible starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for Application: 22 November 2017
Candidates should submit their application including CV, photo, copy of educational certificates, references and expected salary to: Malteser International, 234 Moo 12, Lang Panit Road, Ban Kard Sub-District, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son, 58110
Or submit by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be notified for test and personal interview.