Organization : International Rescue Committee
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 7 Nov 2017
View : 1823
Deadline : 17 / November / 2017
Job Title : Women Protection Empowerment (WPE) Program Officer
Location: Sangklaburi, Kanchanaburi Province
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Job Overview/Summary: As part of a team based in Tham Hin and Bang Dong Yan the Women’s Protection and Empowerment Program officer is responsible for supporting the management of the program, coordination with partners organizations (in and out of the camp) and provide support to camp based staffs and health staffs on GBV related issues by the guidance of Program Manager in Sangklaburi. The WPE Program Officer primary responsibility is to assist the necessary arrangement for the program activities and work with the other team members, under the guidance of program manager to ensure different component of the program are integrated effectively to achieve the goals and objective of the program, providing training and working with health staffs to build skills and knowledge about GBV by the guidance of Program Manager. This also includes working with survivors of GBV to assess the services that they need and receive. He/She will also oversee the vulnerable adolescent girls empowerment project. He/She reports to WPE Manager.
- Assist in necessary arrangement for program activities.
- Prepare all the program supplies and equipments and supply efficiently at all time
- Help handle cash expenses of the program related activities such as meeting expenses; training materials; and other related activities
- Coordinate arrangement for meetings and tracking documents
- Oversee, monitor, and provide technical support to the camp based GBV staffs and the case work of IRC Health social worker on daily case basic by the guidance of program supervisor/manager.
- Report all cases; collect and compile monthly GBV report data; submit monthly report to program manager
- Co-facilitate GBV related trainings for camp-based health staffs and case management of GBV cases from a multi-sectoral interagency perspective for helping group of community members
- Identify and build strong relationships with key organizations, key individuals, and leadership groups in the camp to promote good responses to GBV cases and Psychosocial cases.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with IRC Health program staff and partners in and out of camp for the timely response to GBV cases. Job Requirements:
- University graduate (not necessarily),
- Post-ten or Junior College graduate
- At least, 1 year field experience in teaching or training on health and psychosocial; women protection and GBV prevention and response work;
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Experienced with case management and coordinating a multi-sectoral response to GBV or being a quick learner with strong passion for GBV survivor.
- Experienced with psychosocial support or mental health support to mental health survivors or being a quick learner with strong passion for GBV survivor.
- Experience in promoting strong partnerships with community based organizations
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player
- Familiarity with delivery of humanitarian assistance for camp refugee groups
- Medium computer skills on using Words, Excel, and internet and emailing Language Skills:
- Fluency in Karen & English;
- Burmese and Thai language skills an asset, Certificates or Licenses: University Graduated Certificate or Junior College or Post-Ten Graduated Certificate Application letter and most recent CV in English stating qualifications and experience should be submitted to the IRC Human Resources Department at Thailand.HR@rescue.org All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline : 17 November 2017
Contact : Thailand.firstname.lastname@example.org