Organization : Abt Associates/USAID Clean Power Asia
Type : Business / องค์กรภาคธุรกิจ
Date : 7 Nov 2017
View : 1371
Deadline : 17 / November / 2017
COUNTRY COORDINATOR, VIETNAM
(Consultant, Part-time, Hanoi based)
USAID Clean Power Asia Program
Abt Associates, a global leader in technical assistance, program implementation and international development, seeks qualified individuals to fulfill the position of Country Coordinator Vietnam for the USAID Clean Power Asia program. The consultant is required to be based in Hanoi and eligible to work in Vietnam without any sponsorship.
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to high performing, low carbon power sector. The Activity will assist the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and help establish effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low-emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously attracting public- and private-sector investment in Renewable Energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on the following resources: solar, wind, small hydro (<15 MW), and biomass residues.
The program is initially focused on the four Lower Mekong countries of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam, but will also include activities at the ASEAN regional level. The program is managed from its office in Bangkok, Thailand and maintains Country Coordinators in Lao PDR and Cambodia, who serve as a key program resource in-country.
Consultant Scope of Work
The USAID Clean Power Asia Vietnam Country Coordinator (CC) will be responsible for coordinating program implementation in Vietnam, under the supervision of the COP/DCOP and working closely with technical and operational staff. The CC will be the primary source of information on activities related to the USAID Clean Power Asia program in-country, and will report regularly to program management on developments that are related to and impact the program. The CC will also directly coordinate with technical staff and short term consultants that are in country for specific work assignments.
For managing relationships with government counterparts, the CC will directly coordinate with the COP and staff of the USAID Vietnam Low Emission Energy Program (USAID VLEEP) funded by, and implemented on behalf of, USAID Vietnam. USAID VLEEP and USAID Clean Power Asia cooperate and coordinate, together with their respective USAID counterparts. In Vietnam, USAID VLEEP will maintain the primary relationship with GoV counterparts and no meetings with the GoV will be held without a USAID VLEEP representative.
The specific responsibilities of the Vietnam CC include but are not limited to:
- General Strategic Oversight of program in Vietnam
- Serve as a liaison between the USAID Clean Power Asia team in Bangkok on activities related to donor coordination, meeting planning, policy development, and engagement with government stakeholders.
- Establish networks with strategic institutions and effectively communicate with stakeholders in non-government, academic and private sector actors.
- In coordination with other staff and/or consultants, engage strategically with the private sector and/or other in-country partners, as directed.
- Donors and international organizations
- Analyze donor and development partner activities and develop ways to better harmonize and coordinate with those activities. Coordinate with donor activities. Collaborate closely with other team members and partners in the development of donor coordination and communication mechanisms.
- Maintain and expand strong working relationships and coordination with partner organizations, project stakeholders, and counterparts at other international organizations.
- Meet with government officials to assess needs and plan appropriate activities, together with USAID VLEEP representatives, and present/communicate information about technical assistance and capacity-building activities in progress or planned, both those focused on Vietnam as well as relevant regional activities.
- Identify government and other stakeholders to travel for or participate in stakeholder meetings, trainings and workshops. Collaborate with USAID Clean Power Asia staff or consultants providing logistics and other support.
- Program Implementation in Vietnam
- Participate in program monitoring, evaluation, and periodic progress reporting, providing support to the M&E Manager and the Communications Manager, as needed.
- Identify the need and potential opportunities for additional technical support to help advance overall project objectives.
- Produce written material for reports including monitoring and evaluation and quarterly performance reports.
- Participate in annual work plan development.
- Analytical reports on donor and other development activities in Vietnam (with input from USAID VLEEP). An initial donor report is due within a month of contract signing, with quarterly updates throughout the term of consultancy (reports due: December 2017; March, June, and September 2018).
- Monthly reports summarizing all donor coordination or donor led meetings in which the CC participates; meetings with government representatives; and meetings with private sector representatives or associations. These monthly reports are due on the last day of each month.
- Memos or emails with recommendations of participants for trainings, workshops, stakeholder meetings, etc. as required, both those held in Vietnam and regional workshops.
Period of Performance: Immediate to December 31, 2018
Estimated Level of Effort: NTE 50 days (approx. 5 days/month)
Preferred Qualifications/Selection Criteria:
- A Master’s level degree in Energy or Environmental Planning or Management, International Development, Sustainable Development, Engineering or other field related to this position.
- At least five years’ experience in international development approaches relevant to this position, including engaging with policy makers and the private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to identify relevant potential partners/collaborators in Vietnam and effectively communicate with both government and non-government stakeholders.
- Proven record of productive engagement with national level government institutions, NGOs, and private and public actors in the energy/renewable energy sector in Vietnam.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental and development context of Vietnam as it relates to renewable energy and the Lower Mekong Region in general.
- Project management experience including coordinating travel and workshop logistics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Vietnamese essential.
- Content knowledge: Knowledge of the renewable energy sector required.
- Management and coordination: Ability to design and coordinate user engagement activities, understanding of project cycles, networking and stakeholder management: Ability to establish networks with strategic institutions, and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Impact and results orientation: Proactive approach.
- Social/team competency: Ability to work smoothly and effectively long distance with others in the team to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet the team objective
- Flexibility: Ability to easily adapt to changing contexts, technologies and approaches when necessary; make improvements in own work area.
- Report Writing: Ability to contribute to the preparation and consolidation of reports in solid English with minimal guidance.
Other desired qualities:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work and time independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Strong desire to learn, undertake new challenges.
- Must be a creative problem-solver who takes initiative.
- Self-directed, dynamic, attention to details, independent with excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness and availability to travel periodically.
Interested candidates must submit a complete application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “CCVN” in the subject line by November 17, 2017.
Applications MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A written expression of interest summarizing your qualifications for the scope of work.
- CV clearly indicating employment/consulting history and annual compensation or daily consulting rate for each job/consultancy, stated in currency of payment.
- US Federal Form 1420 (EBD) https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17
- Proof of annual salary or daily consulting rate as stated in the EBD (acceptable forms include employment agreement, pay stubs, employer verification letter).
- Proof of Education/Degree attained (transcript or diploma).
Incomplete applications/failure to adhere to application procedures
may result in application being discarded.
Due to the volume of anticipated applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Abt Associates is doing business as Abt Associates Thailand, registered with the Thailand Department of Commerce. Abt Associates is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
Contact : email@example.com