Organization : Save the Children International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 2 Nov 2017
View : 2081
Deadline : 16 / November / 2017
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Phang Nga Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year
Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
Ensure safe transportation of staff and materials, proper operation of vehicles, record keeping and other administrative duties to the programme in the Phang Nga Field Office, Thailand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Driver is responsible for the day-to-day driving. The position will process that driving is performed in compliance with SCI policies and procedures regulations.
Reports to: HR,Logistics/Admin Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Respect approved staff transportation requests
- Adhere to the Save the Children Driver Safety Rules and complete the Safe Driver Manual Vehicle Inspection Report on a regular basis
- Ensure all passengers and driver wear seatbelts at all times (as per Save the Children driving regulations, driver should not move car until all seatbelts are fastened)
- Keep vehicle clean at all times
- Maintain and update travel, fuel, repairs and maintenance logs as prescribed
- Ensure vehicles contain proper tools, water, spare tire, flares, first aid kit, etc. at all times.
- Ensure that vehicle long books for fleet are properly recorded and maintained for input into Excel vehicle management system. This system records the following:
- daily record of kilometers for work and private use
- daily record of gas consumption for work and private use
- Monthly record of maintenance costs
- Personal observations by driver and/or vehicle logistician
- Ensure all vehicle documentations are on board: vehicle registration book, vehicle compulsory, vehicle insurance, road map and contract place & person lists
- Be punctual and wait for passengers as instructed
- Follow Preventive Maintenance Management Guidelines and schedule vehicles for regular service and maintenance as prescribed
- Park in secure locations and always lock vehicles when unattended
- Permit only authorized drivers/passengers to use vehicles
- Observe traffic laws and speed limits at all times
- Request repairs or service of vehicles as needed in a timely manner
- Complete incident reports in the event of accident or theft
- Carry out administrative responsibilities as requested; to include, documentation, communications, procurement, services, maintenance, etc.
- Assist in loading and unloading of miscellaneous relief supplies as requested.
- Be available outside of normal working hours as requested
- A commitment to children’s rights, children’s participation and non-discrimination.
Other tasks as assigned
- Work closely with Deep South Security and Logs Officer on the safety and security matter
- Other duties assigned by the Deep South Field Coordinator and as and when required
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Matriculation graduate
- Good communications skills
- Basic English language ability- written and spoken
- Commitment to and understandings of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Ability to travel to remote locations as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Current driving license and 3 years of professional driving experience
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Vocational training in vehicle maintenance with 4x4 light vehicles, preference Toyota trucks and/or experience in 4X4 vehicle driving and on-the-job vehicle maintenance experience
- Experience with international organizations preferable
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
| SCI offer competitive National package; transportation allowance, communication allowance, 13th month salary & annual leave 20 days, etc.
Closing date for submissions: 16 November 2017
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Driver Phang Nga Office_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : email@example.com