Organization : DAI
Type : Business / องค์กรภาคธุรกิจ
Date : 1 Nov 2017
View : 654
Deadline : 10 / November / 2017
USAID - Preparedness and Response (P&R) Accountant - URGENT!
The Preparedness and Response (P&R) project is part of the USAID Emerging Pandemic Threats Program 2 and is designed to strengthen national systems, policies, and practices for the prevention, detection, and response to emerging public health threats. The P&R project is focused on advancing two primary objectives: (i) help establish and strengthen National One Health Platforms and (ii) improve outbreak preparedness and response planning in 15 countries in Africa and Asia. P&R has three regional offices in Bethesda, Maryland, Central and East Africa, and Southeast Asia.
The Accountant will manage all accounting transactions related to the P&R Bangkok regional office, in support of project activities in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam. S/he will ensure that the outlined financial policies and procedures are implemented in accordance with DAI procedures, USAID regulations, and local law. The Accountant is responsible for providing complete and accurate field reports to the Home Office for all field office financial activities. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for processing of all cash transactions and wire transfer payments to vendors.
- Records all financial transactions in DAI Field Accounting System.
- Prepare weekly wire transfer requests from DAI Home Office
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations for P&R bank accounts and submit to DAI Home Office.
- Responsible for petty cash handling as well as the transfer of cash from the bank to the office.
- Ensure that project vendors are paid in timely manner and manage vendor relationships.
- Prepare payment for taxes, rent, and other expenses.
- Upload finance documents to the DAI BOX file management system.
- Handle monthly payroll procedures for DAI (Thailand) Ltd. employees to ensure timely and accurate salary payment.
- Register new DAI (Thailand) Ltd. and handle existing DAI (Thailand) Ltd. employee income tax and social charge withholding and payment to Revenue Department.
- Calculate and distribute cash advances for travel and/or project activities.
- Audit staff travel vouchers according to travel expense reporting policy.
- Prepare travel vouchers for Regional Director.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met while implementing proper reporting procedures and ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Prepare the Field Expense Report (FER) for submission to DAI home office twice per month.
- Assist the Operations Manager to track monthly expenditures for the office (administrative and programmatic) against annual budget.
- Calculate P&R project unit tax issues for DAI (Thailand) Limited – to be reconciled and paid every month.
- Coordinate with and assist the Administrative Officer to ensure fixed assets lists are consistent and assist with yearly inventory audit of assets.
- Serve as a Bid Committee Member for procurement related bid committees, as needed.
- Other related tasks, as assigned.
For this position, DAI (Thailand) Ltd. is seeking a Thai national with the following qualifications:
- B.A. in Accounting required
- MBA preferred
Relevant Experience and Skills
- 5 years experience in accountant position, overseeing project finance and accounting for complex and challenge USAID or bilateral/multilateral field operations in Southeast Asia.
- Budgeting and financial management experience, including tracking, analyzing and reporting on the budget.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to time manage effectively.
- Knowledge of DAI and/or USAID policies and procedures preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with diverse range of professional relationships.
- Professional level of English fluency.
To apply for this position, submit your CV and cover letter to PRPrecruitment@dai.com with the subject line “P&R SEA Accountant” by 10 November 2017.
Contact : PRPrecruitment@dai.com