Organization : International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 27 Oct 2017
View : 1889
Deadline : 10 / November / 2017
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Location: Mae Hong Son Province
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975. Today, IRC serves various ethnic populations displaced from Myanmar. Operating from Bangkok and four field offices in Mae Hong Son, Mae Sot, Kanchanaburi, and Ratchaburi, IRC provides essential services to displaced populations in areas such as health, protection and advocacy, education and livelihoods, and institutional capacity building. IRC also seeks to create partnerships between Thai non-governmental organizations, Myanmar community-based organizations, and provincial authorities in order to strengthen community-level interventions that improve access to fundamental health, education, livelihoods, and protection services.
Job Overview/Summary: The Field Coordinator, based in the Northern Province of Mae Hong Son (MHS), Thailand, is responsible for coordinating operations and activities carried out by a multi-sectored team that provides clinical and environmental health services, legal assistance and support for gender-based violence survivors in two Mae Hong Son Province (MHS) refugee camps, Ban Mai Nai Soi Camp (Site One) and Ban Mae Surin Camp (Site Two) on behalf of nearly 14,000 refugees. The Field Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the implementation of programs and operations based on donor guidelines and for ensuring adherence to grant compliance.
- Serve as the lead representative for IRC in Mae Hong Son for all internal and external activities undertaken by the organization.
- Coordinate operations activities for programs supporting refugees in Mae Hong Son province. In coordination with Mae Hong Son-based program coordinators and managers, and prepare Monthly Field Site reports.
- Provide operation support, leadership, and guidance of IRC Thailand’s programs in Mae Hong Son.
- Provide programmatic support and proactively work with IRC programs in Health, Protection and Women’s Protection and Empowerment program to ensure program quality and progress toward objectives.
- Represent IRC at conferences, workshops and convening with others Thai agencies and camp-based stakeholders and Participate in local monthly or bi-monthly meetings with the Ministry of the Interior.
- Ensure good communication between the IRC Mae Hong Son field site and Bangkok office staff.
- Meet with camp leaderships and Thai officials, as needed, and in coordination with program staff to ensure IRC’s programming is effective.
- Attend meetings at the provincial level with UNHCR, Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Interior and other non-governmental organizations working in the province and represent the IRC in a professional manner.
- Facilitate staff, board and donor visits to the Mae Hong Son field site and the refugee camps.
- Report on any refugee policy issues arising from provincial or other meetings.
- Participate in internal meetings and present field site and operation updates.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and bi-annual MOI reports in Thai, on behalf of the Mae Hong Son field-based programs.
- Meet regularly with operations and program staff to remain aware of key issues and promptly report concerns to the Bangkok office.
- Support program staff with Budget vs. Actuals (BvAs) and financial management, as needed.
- Communicate with program teams to ensure programs are being implemented according to the schedule outlined in the proposal, the logical framework and the grant agreements.
- Assist in conducting ‘start of grant’ (Grant Opening) and ‘end of grant’ (Grant Closing) meetings.
- Ensure that all staff are trained on, and understand, THE IRC WAY
- Work with all Mae Hong Son staff to identify needs for additional support and to identify capacity building opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance, making sure that staff evaluations are completed on time.
- Identify ways of improving teamwork and retaining quality staff – offer team building opportunities.
- Other duties as required by the Country Director and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, social services, public administration or a related field is required
- Minimum of five years of management experience overseeing complex field operations
- Strong commitment to supporting displaced communities and empowerment of refugees
- Ability to manage budgets and provide oversight on fiscal management
- Management experience in a protracted refugee setting preferred
- Experience in Thailand, or the region with refugees preferred
- Proven staff management and team-building skills
- Ability to interact with officials from external entities, including the Ministry of the Interior, Ministry of Public Health, district hospital directors, international governments and donor representatives
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and manage reporting, and other, critical deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written and ability to manage sizeable multi-cultural team delivering assistance involving a wide array of program stakeholders.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Thai is required
- Ability to travel periodically within the country
How to Apply: Application letter and most recent CV in English stating qualifications and experience should be submitted to the IRC Human Resources Department at Thailand.HR@rescue.org
Application deadline : 10 November 2017
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact : Thailand.firstname.lastname@example.org