Organization : Raks Thai Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 25 Oct 2017
View : 2264
Deadline : 10 / November / 2017
Raks Thai Foundation, a member of CARE International, that has been working in Thailand since 1979 in the area of emergency relief, community natural resources management, micro enterprise promotion, education, health and HIV/AIDS prevention and care for affected families has vacancies for:
Position : Project Manager – Hug Khao Project
In February 2017, in partnership with Mercy Corps, Raks Thai began implementation of Hug Khao, a three-year agriculture development program that is working to improve the productivity and incomes of smallholder rice farmers in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand. The program focuses on enhancing smallholder productivity, building the capacity of farmer organizations and promoting good financial practices at the farm level. The program places special emphasis on expanding access to mechanized equipment.
The Project Manager is overall responsible for the day to day implementation of the Hug Khao project in Ubon Ratchathani. The Project Manager will work closely with both management and support staff (including finance, administration and program) in Bangkok and Ubon Ratchathani and ensure that activities are implemented according to schedule, budget and meet high quality expectations. The Project Manager will proactively coordinate and work in consultation with our key private sector and NGO partners throughout implementation to ensure that the team is able to reach its targets and deliverables. The Project Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that the project integrates an employee engagement strategy for our private sector partner that reinforces and contributes to the program’s goals.
- Develop individual and team workplans to achieve project activities and deliverables on time, within budget and to a high standard of quality.
- Coordinate agriculture extension work with appropriate government agencies, private sector partners, and relevant stakeholders
- Lead the development of new tools, as necessary, to ensure that the project’s M&E system adapts to the project’s needs.
- Provide regular written reports to Raks Thai’s leadership and implementing partner’s Program Manager on agriculture development activity. These written reports must be descriptive, analytical and capture program learnings;
- Manage and facilitate the selection process for lead farmers/lead farmer households.
- Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of the Program
- Supervise program staff to ensure that the project activities are running effectively and making best use of project resources;
- Troubleshoot on reporting and programmatic needs. Advise supervisor and Mercy Corps’ Program Manager on improvements and needs, as required;
- Provide written and oral translation and report writing as necessary;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Raks Thai Foundation, Mercy Corps and our private sector partner to ensure that the project reinforces the humanitarian mission of each;
- Coordinate, manage and develop new relationships with the stakeholders of the project, including beneficiaries, local agriculture businesses, farmer organizations, government, schools and other public and private organizations;
- Liaise with international and local agencies as necessary;
- Work in close collaboration with implementing Mercy Corps’ Program Manager in developing work plans, activity planning and reporting program achievements and developments;
- Ensure that all team members have clear monitoring and evaluation responsibilities documented in their position descriptions and that adequate time and resources are made available for a robust M&E system;
- Must participate in regular phone calls with Mercy Corps and other partners in the US and regionally in South East Asia as required;
- Monitor and proactively track and manage project budget;
- Keep a proper filing system;
- Other duties as assigned and required by supervisor and Mercy Corps.
- University degree, preferably graduate level, in Agriculture, Agribusiness or related area;
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing development projects;
- Strong preference for experience in agriculture development in general and the rice sector in particular;
- Demonstrated experience working and coordinating with both government and private sector partners required;
- Ability to manage and lead a team, with strong remote management and supervisory experience;
- Must be able to work independently, show initiative and be proactive in communicating with program partners and stakeholders;
- Sincere commitment to engaging women and youth in community agricultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and adhering to workplans;
- Extensive travel required throughout program areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Thai and English.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : email@example.com
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org, 02 014 7322 ext. 105