Organization : WWF Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Oct 2017
View : 1602
Deadline : 31 / October / 2017
Position title: IKI Project Accountant, WWF Thailand
Directly reports to: Project Manager IKI Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) Project
Technically reports to: Finance Manager, WWF-Thailand
Duration: November 1, 2017 – October 31, 2018, extendable
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Thailand is located within a global production and regional consumption hub for market commodities. The country is the largest producer of rubber in the world, as well as one of the top international producers of palm oil and sugarcane. Thailand is also a major regional buyer and producer of forestry products. The production of these key agricultural commodities has contributed to economic growth in Thailand, which has provided significant economic benefits and reduced poverty. But like many countries, Thailand is facing serious environmental challenges due to this rapid economic growth, including mangrove deforestation, reduced forest cover leading to increased GHG emissions, water and air pollution and loss of biodiversity. Thailand is vulnerable to the impacts of climate change and therefore supports international efforts to lower carbon emissions to mitigate climate change. Thailand has submitted an Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC) to support the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Thailand also submitted Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs).
Developing sustainable low-carbon production and consumption practices for key agricultural and forestry commodities in Thailand is the principle goal of this project and will have major environmental benefits nationally, regionally and globally. Objectives for this project include:
- National governments will get support for the development of Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) or related mitigation strategies for reducing carbon emissions in the forestry and agricultural sectors
- Business partners will be encouraged to implement new or strengthen existing sustainable business practices.
- Consumers will be informed on sustainably produced goods and the benefits of sustainable consumption.
- International programmes like the 10 Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production (10YFP-SCP) will be the basis for the development of SCP activities in Thailand
- This project is also being implemented in Indonesia and the Philippines, so there will be regional impacts and opportunities to share lessons learned with WWF colleagues in those two countries.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and review financial and accounting transactions and maintain up to date records and receipts to monitor all financial transactions
- Monitor, conduct physical checks, maintain and control fixed assets, office equipment, etc.
- Funding and budget monitoring and control and prepare financial reports and submit in a timely manner to finance section of WWF-Thailand and WWF-Germany as required
- Manage project resources and update project inventory and ensure resources are used efficiently and effectively in line with project needs and requirements
- Provide financial and administrative support to the Project Manager
- Responsible for making necessary arrangements, planning itineraries and making bookings as instructed by the project manager related to project field visits, field trips for project staff in respect to project activities.
- Manage logistics and operations for large workshops and regional conferences
- Prepare final copies of documents for the project technical and progress reports and distribute to project partners and stakeholders as required
- Act as the contact person for the project
- Act as the focal point for all administrative work of the project
- Assist the communication team to prepare project documents
- Coordinate M&E for the project team
- Draft and manage employment contracts, record and monitor staff performance and prepare payroll information
- Ability to translate between Thai and English
- Reports to and works under the instruction of the Project Manager
- Works with and supports the project team members on programme planning, development, capacity-building, representation and funding issues
- Works closely with the Marketing Manager and Communication Manager.
- Works closely with IKI project management team at WWF-Germany
Excellent financial management and administration skills
BA degree or higher in finance, accounting or related field
Ability to set clear goals and objectives
Excellent Thai and English writing and speaking skills
Ability to work with other people
Strong commitment to task, ability to cope with varied workload and flexible working hours, and to work independently
Outgoing, friendly personality
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Oracle is a benefit
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or +66 (0) 2 619 8534-7