Organization : Abt Associates/USAID Clean Power Asia
Type : Government Enterprise / องค์กรรัฐวิสาหกิจ
Date : 19 Oct 2017
View : 2413
Deadline : 29 / December / 2017
Renewable Energy (RE) Investment Advisor: USAID Clean Power Asia Program, Bangkok
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to a high performing, low carbon power sector. The Activity will assist the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and help establish effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low-emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously attracting public- and private-sector investment in Renewable Energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on the following resources: solar, wind, small hydro (<15 MW), and biomass residues.
The program will initially focus on the four Lower Mekong countries of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam, but may expand into Myanmar (Burma), and later to Indonesia and the Philippines on a limited and strategic basis. It will also include activities on the ASEAN regional level.
- To be considered for a position, applicants are required to submit a CV and an application letter explaining how his/her specific qualifications, skills, and expertise are relevant to the stated position responsibilities. Applicants MUST indicate their salary history and availability or the application will not be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with immediate availability.
RE Investment Advisor will be responsible for business development in the renewable energy sector and will assist in designing, developing and facilitating market based/de-risking tools in ASEAN, focusing on Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia. The position will provide sector- and country-specific investment and financial expertise to unlock investment opportunities, originate projects and secure investment, as well as develop partnerships with private and public investors active in the development of renewable energy based product and services projects with the main focuses in solar power, wind power, biomass power and small scale hydro power.
Position Specific Responsibilities
RE Investment Advisor works under the direct supervision of the Task 3 Team Leader. Overall, the investment advisor will support work in the Mekong countries, and the broader ASEAN, related to mobilize investment from public and private sector into renewable energy as well as to collaborate with other key market players in lead efforts with partners, subcontractors, and others to institute such mechanisms in support of a stronger enabling environment for RE.
Potential activities that the RE Investment Advisor will be expected to support include, but are not limited to:
- Develop partnerships, lead engagement and collaborate with public and private investors regionally to drive investments to renewable energy projects;
- Facilitate processes with project proponents to originate, design and drive projects towards bankability among investors and other stakeholders involved in the supply chain, market channels and project development;
- Assess and promote scalable & replicable business models and financing options for renewable energy and responsible for investment mobilization results;
- Creatively originate and develop renewable energy projects that can be taken to bankability and contribute to climate change mitigation & adaption and economic prosperity at local/national/regional level;
- Assess opportunities to scale up investment with capital market tools. Assess and evaluate needs/gaps/barriers to develop de-risking instruments. Support the oversight of financial analyses for projects and programs, including the analysis and design of innovative financial instruments to direct capital investment towards solutions;
- Provide advisory services and technical assistance to key players in RE market. Provide subject matter expert advice with an aim to drive inclusive and sustainable investment in this sector;
- Collaborate and work with relevant stakeholders to develop and promote adoption of marker-based instruments, tools and templates such as standardized power purchase agreement (PPA), financial model templates, investment guidelines, etc.
- Organize workshop/seminar/conference to build capacity of key players in the market
- Participate in developing and monitoring implementation of the annual work plan and contribute in developing the quarterly reports and annual report
- Support to manage consultants and subcontractors as assigned, including drafting scopes of work, participating in selection and reviewing deliverables and work products.
- Coordinate with the team on corporate finance, project finance, and policies and tools designed to reduce risks & costs in such investment;
- Other duties to be determined in conjunction with, the Task Lead, the COP and USAID.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in finance/ economics / business admistration or a relevant discipline is required;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in project finance / structured finance in one or more of the Lower Mekong countries in which USAID Clean Power Asia is focused (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao PDR) and/or in ASEAN;
- Experience in originating and shaping bankable projects and financial instruments in the sector in ASEAN which have resulted in economic, environmental/climate and social impacts
- Exceptional conceptual, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills on how public and private investments flows into renewable energy sector, related value chains and market channeling with an aim to effectively mobilize investment.
- Ability to communicate complex investment related issues in a clear and simple way to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated capacity in facilitating in-depth and effective dialogues both internally to support the team as well as externally consultations.
- Outstanding interpersonal, engagement and consensus-building skills, ability to foster strong relationships with key agencies, as well as the banking and private sector and understand their needs;
- Creative, entrepreneurial and a proactive attitude, able to manage multiple activities in multidisciplinary teams, while meeting tight deadlines;
- Progressive experience working on donor-funded – preferably USAID-funded — energy and/or economic growth projects in the ASEAN region;
- Proven ability to manage logistical aspects of donor-funded project activities with multiple actors including energy ministries, regulators, universities, domestic banks, equity firms, and utility and planning agencies across the ASEAN region;
- Applicants must bring native-level proficiency in one or more of the ASEAN languages
- Strong skills in oral and written English are essential
Interested candidates may submit their CV to email@example.com referencing “RE Investment Advisor” in the subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their salary history and availability or will not be considered.
Preference will be given for candidates with immediate availability.
No other documents are required at this time. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org