Organization : Experience Asia Ltd.,
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 18 Oct 2017
View : 1970
Deadline : 16 / November / 2017
Position Vacant: Urgently required
Experience Asia Ltd., Part is the authorized agent of Projects Abroad, a UK based volunteer organisation. Annually we send over 8,000 volunteers to 27 developing countries to work as volunteers or interns at various projects such as teaching, care, business, human rights, medicine, journalism, law and conservation. We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas – our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with the experience of a lifetime.
Our offices and local staff in each destination provide back-up and support for our volunteers which is vital to the success of the organisation.
We are looking to employ Volunteer Coordinator & Teaching Project Coordinator for Thailand Destination. The main role is to be a frontline liaison with volunteers, helping out the volunteers in tackling the culture-shock they gain. Flexibility is the key to this role. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with volunteers and local staff members. Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. The job is busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within the area when necessary.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator and Teaching Project Coordinator
Location of work: Krabi, Thailand
Term of Contract: Full time
Salary: Starting from 18,000 baht
Start Date: As soon as possible
The role will involve working alongside with our community project team and in country staff.
Your role as Volunteer Coordinator
- To provide new coming volunteers with Thai and local cultures, along with field induction to enable volunteer to travel in local community.
- Airport pick up arrangement for the new arrival volunteer
- Volunteer coordinator also assist volunteer in emergency case such as a loss of passport or reporting issues to police Ensure that volunteer issues and concerns are dealt with efficiently
- Networking with volunteers in-country and organisation of volunteer during their stay
- Acting as “Projects Abroad, Thailand” representative in the area.
- Ensure that the volunteer is comfortable during their time in Thailand
- Ensure the introduction to worthwhileness is encouraged during an induction
- Be the first contact for the volunteer and maintain effective communication with the volunteers, accommodation and staff
- Take an action for primary solving and keep senior staff members informed of all volunteer issues and development
- Daytime emergency standby and take volunteers to the hospital when necessary
- Occasionally assisting with the management of monthly activity
- Maintain up-to-date listings of all relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate partnership events if needed
- Any other duties assigned and as directed by Country Director
Your role as Teaching Project Coordinator
- Issue all formal letters and provide all documents to the partner when need
- Visits and coordination with volunteers, placement and other related agencies
- Develop the projects into a solid structure including finding new placements and manage in-depth development.
- Organize project induction, workshop training and arrange meetings with volunteers.
- Organize and lead educational activities with children.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in English communication, Humanity science, Social Science, Education or any related fields
- Strong command in written and spoken English and Thai, including skills in translation
- Computer-literate in all MS office applications and e-mail
- Flexibility for traveling and ability to travel and work independently.
- Leadership skills, team spirit, open mindedness and other qualities i.e. energetic, proactive, confident, creative and positive thinking, service focused, and high problem solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Willingness to learn and adjust and able to accept positive criticism
- NEW GRADUATED ARE WELCOME
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Pro-active and social
- Able to multitask and plan independently
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and cultures
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a team
- Flexible and able to take direction and accept feedback
- Confident with computer skills in Word and Excel, as well as the main social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Friendly and personable with customer service skills
- Through knowledge and understanding of Thai culture
- Having an international background on working with foreigners/volunteers would be an advantage.
- Travel expenses, mobile and monthly food allowance
- Social security
- Competitive salary
- Working in an international environment
Please send a CV with a covering letter to email@example.com Only short – listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
For more information please contact: 081-5974442